Question Pricing a restored boat (518VX Ranger)

So, about a year ago I picked up a nice 2001 Ranger 518VX that was structurally in good shape, good paint and gel coat and with a crappy, but running motor. Fished it until I sold the motor and then went to work. I literally replaced everything down to the wiring harness on the boat and everything but the fenders on the trailer. The ONLY thing left to replace is the seats and fuel tanks, but no reason to as they are in excellent shape. As close to brand new as it can be.
    The plan was to repower with a 2018 200HP engine this winter and have a bulletproof rig by spawn2018. Buuuut unfortunately, the current state of the oil and gas industry has dictated that I need to sell the boat instead of repower it. Going to finish up a few things so the boat is 100% ready for a motor and a new owner to enjoy it and should be listing it around Thanksgiving. SO! the question is- how do you price out a restored boat? Below is a list of how it sits/what I've done to it and what comes with it. Can't attach any pictures right now. I've got every receipt from Ranger totaling up to about $2,500 in OEM parts.

Any input or ideas is appreciated!

• The boat has the following items ready to take a motor:
      • 5.5" CMC manual jackplate,
      • Hot foot
      • Original Ranger 3 bank charger
      • Original SeaStar hydraulic steering system w/ Ranger steering wheel.

• The boat will come with or without :
      • 65lb thrust MinnKota Maxxum trolling motor w/ G-Force handle purchased new in May.
      • Humminbird Helix 7 (gen1) SI GPS (12hrs TOPS on this unit, in original packaging)
        • Unit cover
        • Transducer shield/saver
        • 1.5” RAM mount

• Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2 (Gen 2)(New in box)
        • SIDB-Y Cable (to mount SI xducer to jackplate and dual-beam sonar x-ducer through hull so you can optimize depth readings for both high and low speeds)
        • Dual beam shoot through hull transducer (never mounted)
        • Transducer shield/saver
        • Bluetooth remote
        • Navionics chip
        • Unit cover
        • 1.5” RAM mount

• Bullseye Quickload System
      • Bluewater LED Navigation lights (new in box, never installed)
      • Bob’s Machine Deck plugs

• OEM Parts from Ranger put on the boat/Trailer. The parts are below:
      • Bow storage & livewell lid
      • Bilge and aerator pumps
      • Aerator valve
      • Livewell Aerator actuator (empty/fill/recirculate)
      • Actuator control cable
      • Bow nav. Light/horn assembly
      • Non-skid mats throughout boat
      • All 8 rocker switches
      • Livewell timer
      • Carpet trim
      • Livewell & compartment lid gaskets throughout
      • Fuse block
      • Main wiring harness
      • Trolling motor harness
      • Livewell lights harness
      • Both 40 amp circuit breakers
      • Transom trim
      • Fuel hose
      • Keel rollers & assemblies bow and aft (trailer)
      • Fulton F2 winch (trailer)
      • Jack (trailer)
      • Tongue insert (surge brake piece) (trailer)
      • Bunk board hardware (not installed) (trailer)

• In addition to that, the following has been done
      • New 20oz padded carpet, latches/locks, carpet trim and lid shocks installed in April 2017. (fished on 1 time)
      • Recessed aluminum trolling motor tray
      • Wetsanded, buffed, polished and waxed gelcoat
      • Degreased, flushed and treated bilge
      • Replaced trailer bearing seals and oil
      • New trolling motor plug receptacle
      • Completely re-wired trailer front to back with new wire into a 6-round RV plug
      • new LED lights throughout trailer
      • Custom made Dash, bow and console rocker switch panels CNC cut at a machine shop out of stainless steel.

2. Banned
    Last edited by Snickers89; 11-09-2017 at 12:05 PM.

3. Member
    Post some pics too

4. Member
    Unfortunately, your not going to get out of it what you have in it without a motor on it ,period. IF you are forced to sell it as a hull and trailer only, then your best bet, as far as recouping $ is, sell the electronics along with anything else that hasnt been installed yet, separate.
    If you could locate a decent running motor to install with whatever brand controls are already on the boat, you'd be ALOT better off on the resale. I buy & sell alot of boats, motors, and parts and can tell ya that NADA values are, at best, a ballpark for price. When it comes to used boats, most folks that are seriously looking for one already have a set amount in their pocket that they are willing to spend! At least its a Ranger, which holds its value better than most production boats in the used market!