Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Going to Okeechobee in January for three months. Always like to meet follow Kentucky fishermen. I mainly fish for bass but crappie sometimes. Maybe we could meet and go fishing. Go Big Blue!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky06 View Post
    You Hit the Nail on the Head, there is no teaching of proper fishing etiquette at all anymore, It's all about "I'm getting my five no matter what " and a general Don't give a damn attitude. It has really complicated things, at least we can get a chance by taking kids fishing and showing them the right way on how to chase those green and bronze fish we all love so well. BTW it can be scary out there at times, I have had a shotgun pulled on me by a dock owner, I never go out without packing anymore and that's a damn shame, but I don't want to become another statistic......

Spanky
    shame when we talk about packing to fish Etiquette plus number of anglers on the water is what I see as the issue in all the lakes mentioned. It actually may be worse on KYL and Guntersville then Okeechobee or Kissimmie. Proper boating etiquette is hard to judge for Northern Anglers in Florida. When someone is fishing in a high use boat trail for example or when a guy is fishing in the mouth of a lock when it clearly says no fishing. We have to make patience calls where we don't know the norm.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

3. Member
    I understand your frustration guys, see the same problem here on the Upper Bay and Potomac...........the good news is that I don't tournament fish and all I do is fish for fun and the experience of lazy laid back days.....!

Thanks for the info....BAM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12