ProXS dying after long idles while graphing

Serial- 1B719014
    2008 250 ProXS

Fuel line/bubble recently replaced from tank to engine (Purchased through Don).

My boat has been doing this about 18 months. I replaced the fuel line a few weeks ago thinking it would solve the issue....it didn't. It happens randomly without pattern. Sometimes it never happens during a trip, other times perhaps once and sometimes it may happen 10 times in a day. I can be idling around anywhere from 3 minutes to 15 minutes when it happens. I turn the switch off, pump the bulb until hard and after a few turns over, it fires right up. It's like it's bleeding down or sucking it dry. What causes this and where should I start to problem solve?

2. Member
    Pulse fuel pump needs a rebuild. Easy job and I believe around $20.

3. Member
    Don, do you sell the PFP rebuild kit and does it come with instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coufal View Post
    Don, do you sell the PFP rebuild kit and does it come with instructions?
    Comes with instructions. Pay close attention to springs and diaphragms.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Of course- Rhonda keeps them in stock, see her post at the top of the forum (or use the same contact methods you have in the past).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor