Banned

new software update out for some of you guys

Woo hoo! That’s the one I’ve been waiting for!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

3. Banned
    someone post results after the upate. interested in this 1 item

Improved the appearance of scanning sonar.

4. Member
    Installed updates on GPSMAP 1040XS and GPSMAP 721XS. The update was only for my PS21 and PS30. The units software version and the GCV10 software remained the same version number.

Can't comment on improvements as weather here not conducive to fishing in comfort.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

5. Member
    I did the software update and downloaded the newest version of Garmin Active Captain. Download went fine and my 7610 recognize Active Captain from my Android but I have no Wi-fi connection??? I can't figure that out. Any help with this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    On the 7610 go into settings-communications and make sure wifi is setup. Name it something like G7610 and be sure to use an easy to remember password.

On the phone, go into settings-wifi and make sure that the connection is the Garmin. You'll have to remember the Garmin password, here. Your phone is probably already wifi connected but not to the Garmin.

No positive about this but I'm getting ready to try it myself right now.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

7. Member
    What kind of phone? What version of android?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Banned
    Installed the update today. Initially it said it failed on the sonar update, but seems to be working after a reboot. That kind of scared me a little.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    On the 7610 go into settings-communications and make sure wifi is setup. Name it something like G7610 and be sure to use an easy to remember password.

On the phone, go into settings-wifi and make sure that the connection is the Garmin. You'll have to remember the Garmin password, here. Your phone is probably already wifi connected but not to the Garmin.

No positive about this but I'm getting ready to try it myself right now.
    All is working fine, I was a bit confused thinking that the wi-fi would allow internet connection when in Active Captain it states that it will display emails and text message on MFD but it only links the two devices so the Android has to have service for that to work.
    Thanks for you insight LWINCHESTTER2...

10. Member
    You are right. Notifications is a bluetooth application so you get alerts on the MFD saying you got a phone call. It does show the text message as I had my wife send me one to see. For the notifications to work I have to disable the WiFi connection to the unit so my phones data connection to the world works. The bluetooth can stay connected to the MFD though for the alerts. Going to be a learning curve here.