Thread: New 2018 V 20

New 2018 V 20

I saw a teaser picture on Instagram..... it looks pretty sweet! The Sterling Silver color looks awesome also.

2. Member

About right!! Get a 17 and the 18 hull is changed... Bought my 2014 211R about a month before the V20 release but I guess I dodged that bullet. Nice looking rig for sure!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” – Hunter S Thompson

2017 V20
    2017 PRO XS

4. Member
    Legend makes some works of art. That's a beautiful boat.

5. Member
    This is killing me. I love it. I just can't believe that they could be shutting down a brand that makes such a nice boat. I just hope that they sell more in 2018 than any other year to make a statement. I don't know what changes were made to the V20 hull and I guess the hull has changed a little every year and maybe the inconsistency isn't helping their cause. However if BP shuts this brand down I'll be devistated. All I can say is I hope the 18' V20 hull is legit because if it's their last year then it's likely the one I'll end up buying.
    2019 Triton 18 TRX w/ 200 Optimax 4s ProXs
    6" Z-Lock Jackplate & 24p Fury 3 Blade
    80# Ultrex & (2) 9” HDS Live units

6. Member
    There's a video which was posted today on Facebook from "The Bass Zone" saying legend is done at the 57m mark of the video. I've talked to several sources that say otherwise and I'm sticking with them until anything comes directly from The Whitewater group. I love my legend and can't imagine myself in any other boat. If it happens it happens but I will not go into one of their other brands that that keep turning into garbage like their nitros. I'll keep my V20 or go to something they don't own.

Hokie I do believe you are correct. There is a lot of misinformation, speculation and conjecture out there. From my discussions with Legend, they are to remain an exclusive, one-off custom brand with and even stronger dealer base than before. Though they may not have an elite presence in '18, all their pros should be transferring to other in house White Water brands.

8. Member
    So who says there is a 2018 hull change and what was changed.

9. Member
    Come on Guys.....The writing is on the Wall, for a Huge Company like Whitewater group if they can save $100,000 by making the Legend Plant a Storage building they will, its NOW owned by a Massive Corporation, what would Apple do if they bought Droid????? I think the Silver boat is gorgeous, hate to hear the price though.....Id start looking at Brands that WONT sell to Johnny, probably for the Cost of that Black Diamond you could get a Jaguar with 350 Verado, just sayin

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieV20 View Post
    There's a video which was posted today on Facebook from "The Bass Zone" saying legend is done at the 57m mark of the video.

11. Member
    Seafox if you think legend is soo doomed then why are they still currently adding new dealers, updating website, adding new apparel and introducing new editions of their boats. All that takes money it's just not done for the hell of it. I've spoke to people directly at legend and if anything their looking forward to the future of the brand. Everyone thought triton was done when they were bought but their still here. I think there are just a lot of people speculating about them when they have no idea what's going on. Maybe they will be canceled in the future or maybe with the backing of Johnny morris's network and funding they will take a step forward and be stronger than they were before. For those who keep saying that JM just wanted the plant it sure does sound cheaper to me to build a new building instead of buying a whole company and pushing them out.

Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    So who says there is a 2018 hull change and what was changed.
    The top cap was completely re-designed on the 2018 V20. You can see it on their web site.

14. Member
    I like the new console design

I was a bit skeptical until now. This is a completely redesigned top cap, I see no reason why they would put so much effort in for nothing. This is good news in my opinion.

16. Banned
    For some reason top cap looks more ranger-like to me but its got some skeeter lines on it too.

17. Member
    The comment was made the hull was changed for 2018. Changing the top cap does not mean the hull was changed. Was just curious what info that comment was based on.

18. Member
    Would guess the new deck was commissioned by the previous owners, and near completion when the company was purchased. A big change like that would have to be ready when the 2018's come out July 1.

19. Member
    Could there be a Triton V20??? Maybe the name is going away but the design will continue. Add that nugget to the rumor mill. I have nothing to base that on btw

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    Could there be a Triton V20??? Maybe the name is going away but the design will continue. Add that nugget to the rumor mill. I have nothing to base that on btw
    Lol