2005 275 vrod Tilt trim Hydraulic leak also Tps problem? Help

2005 Verado 275 1b073523. Noticed some hydraulic fluid under the big hydraulic arm Tilt trim ..is it possible to replace seals or gaskets or do I need to replace the whole Tilt Trim pump?

Now last few months out and it has only happened a few times but first thing during take off I will get up on pad around 4500 rpms and boat goes into gaurdian mode,, I put in neutral and it revs up around 1500 to 2000 rpms. Shut it off restart and she will will good to go. That has happened probably 15 times over a 6 month period . This last time out did it every time trying to get on pad. Also has done it while running a long ways. WOT doing about 65 boat goes into gaurdian...put in neutral idles high I shut off and restart and good to go. Is my TPS out of wack? Any help would be great. No codes being thrown on my merc monitor.

Thanks Chris
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Chris:

I would suggest PRINTOUTS of the Run History and Freeze Frame (Fault) History.

TPS (there are 2) are actually an integral component in the ETC.

Trim system- some portions can be resealed, some portions are better "simply replaced". Couldn't really tell where you were describing the leak from...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor