Banned

Introducing ActiveCaptain

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/ma...=activecaptain

Introducing ActiveCaptain, a free all-in-one mobile app for mariners that delivers a seamless content management system with unlimited access to cartography, automatic delivery of the latest software available, off-vessel planning capabilities, connected services and so much more in one simple, yet powerful application.

ActiveCaptain blends features our customers know and love from our existing apps – Garmin Helm and BlueChart Mobile – and adds enhanced connectivity, community and planning functionality for the ultimate connected boat ecosystem. Staying connected on and off the water is important to our customers, so we’re excited to deliver a one-app approach that’ll keep them connected to their Garmin electronics, cartography and the marine community.

Whether out on the water or planning the next trip, mariners can utilize the ActiveCaptain app as a one-stop-shop to manage their experiences from nearly anywhere, including:

OneChart – Access, update and purchase maps and charts from the OneChart storefront from a mobile device at any time.
    Smart Notifications – Stay connected to the world with calls, text messages and more shown on the chartplotter display while the phone is stowed away, safe and dry.
    ActiveCaptain Community – See what others are saying with access to up-to-date-feedback from the boating community feedback on marinas, reported hazards and other POIs in the area.
    Planning – Make, save and transfer routes and waypoints between the app and the chartplotter with zero button presses.
    Mobile Quickdraw Community – Easily upload and download of the latest community-made Quickdraw Contours chart and map content.
    Sync User Data – Automatically synchronize marked waypoints and routes between the app and chartplotter.
    Over-the-Air Software Updates – Once the app is paired with the chartplotter, notifications and update details combined with seamless delivery eliminate the need to transport updates from desktops via an SD card.
    View and Control – View and control your chartplotter from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere on the boat.
    The ActiveCaptain app is available as a free download from either the App Store or on Google Play. It’s compatible with a range of Garmin chartplotters and MFDs, including the new ECHOMAP Plus 6cv, 7cv, 7sv and 9sv; the new STRIKER Plus 7cv, 7sv and 9sv; as well as the GPSMAP 7×2/9×2, 10×2/12×2, 7400/7600, 8000/8200 and the 8400/8600 series. To learn more, visit activecaptain.garmin.com.

2. Member
    Now if someone would just come up with a good tablet for boat use. IE, waterproof and a full sunlight viewable screen)

3. Banned

4. Member
    Apple app??????

5. Member
    Don't think so yet. Has been beta tested with apple i think.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Here is the link to the app in iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garm...n/id1116089313
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Member
    Active Captain is pretty neat. I really like that the video can be recorded within the app. Nice touch. I probably won't use the quickdraw sharing since Garmin has mapped my lake but that may be beneficial to others. I also like the update capabilities. It took me a while to get my head around that I can be connected to the internet or connected to the MFD but not both at the same time. At least on my phone it has to take turns. I'll have to say I'm impressed.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Active Captain is pretty neat. I really like that the video can be recorded within the app. Nice touch. I probably won't use the quickdraw sharing since Garmin has mapped my lake but that may be beneficial to others. I also like the update capabilities. It took me a while to get my head around that I can be connected to the internet or connected to the MFD but not both at the same time. At least on my phone it has to take turns. I'll have to say I'm impressed.
    I have used the app a little while on the water, it is simply downloaded on my Android but I have not been able to figure out the messaging portion of Active Captain. It states that text messages will show up on your MFD. Any help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    I have used the app a little while on the water, it is simply downloaded on my Android but I have not been able to figure out the messaging portion of Active Captain. It states that text messages will show up on your MFD. Any help with this?
    The smart notifications are what I like best about the App.

text notice.JPG
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    The smart notifications are what I like best about the App.

Thanks Todd, finally got it straight....in a test last evening it worked with a text message but not email....not sure why but the text message app is going to be great!

11. Member
    I get so much junk email that I have notifications for email turned off on my phone. Could that be it?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Member
    I’m guessing I already know the answer to this, but here goes. If you have one unit with active Captain networked to some older units without it will the active captain show up on all units or just the one with it? IE would texts show up on all units?

13. Member
    First, for AC to work you would have to have installed the latest update. Then, the one AC card will serve all the networked units. I'm not sure if the notifications settings in AC are synchronized or not. My bet is that you would have to turn them ON on each unit that you wanted to receive them. It's a bit complicated. When you turn wireless ON on mulitple units there is still only one wireless network. Notifications is a bluetooth operation. And likely there is only one bluetooth network operating. Then each unit would need to connect to it making their notifications independent.

Update. I just checked. Notifications settings are synchronized on networked units. So if you turn notifications off on one unit, it changes the settings on the other networked unit. They all do it or all don't do it. Also turned email notifications ON on my phone and while I was messing with this stuff, got an email notification that Verizon wanted me to upgrade my phone.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 11-09-2017 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Updated info

14. Banned
    this guys si looks pretty dern good. if i would have had these types of results and could have actually seen them on the screen while on the water, I might have stayed

https://www.facebook.com/brad.corrie...5318415470958/

15. Member
    facebook link doesn't work.

16. Banned
    just search for the Garmin Sonar & Fishing Fanatics group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1186380428055901/
    Last edited by TroyBoy30; 11-11-2017 at 05:15 AM.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Nobody can see it cause its a private FB group. You must join the group to view pics.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

18. Banned
    Duh my bad. It used to be public. I’ll see if I can get you to YouTube it

19. Member
    After you down load a tile from your chart how do you zoom in to view it? I cant go in far enough for it to be of any use.....

20. Banned