Thread: COBRA SEATS

COBRA SEATS

When installing seats for a 99 Cobra:

I am only installing the driver and passenger seats. The middle (step) has a small sticker that says something about don't screw into this, gas tank is below.
    So... where is the gas tank? Is it also under the driver and passenger seats? If so, how do you install the butt part of the seats?

Depends on the model and how it was ordered. Post pics of what you've got.

3. Member
    Not sure that this is going to help, because it will be awhile before I get pictures.

EJS02544L899 is the hull id #

What model 188, 190, 201, 211 Coral ect.

5. Member
    201 viper

6. Member
    On my 98 201 there is one screw that goes into those seats from the middle seat area towards the front of the seats and the rest of the seat is held in by velcro

7. Member
    I saw the velcro when I was cleaning and stripping down everything. Is that how they were installed from the factory?

8. Member
    Yes they were installed that way from the factory make sure that the one screw is installed so your new seats do not blow out also use good velcro

9. Member
    How big/long was the screw in the front? I do not want to go through and puncture the gas tank.

10. Member
    The screws go through the frame into the seat horizontal not down into the boat because it will hit the gas tank if you screw downward into the boat

11. Member
    hmm. I must be lost then. I took out my middle seat too. But there was nothing but Velcro keeping the seats down. But I did find some screw holes. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they should have been there.

12. Member
    Does your driver seat have a black piece of hard plastic on the bottom of it that would line up with the screw hole in the frame a lot of time the screw will vibrate out and end upon the floor of the boat and know one knows where it came from so it doesn't get reinstalled

13. Member
    No it didnt. The seat was glued directly to the fiberglass. It did not sit on or in any type of base.
    However, it looks like there is a very good change that some things have been done (not by the book)

14. Member
    10-4 sorry I can't be more help lm sure you will get it put back together