Z8 pump out spraying everywhere instead of a hard stream

The pumps seem strong as the water sprays strong but why doesn't it come out like other boats. Its impossible to catch water in weigh bag. Has anyone else had this problem?

2. Member
    I would inspect the lines to make sure you don't have something in them causing them to spray like that. A spider web/nest can wreak havoc on things like that.

3. Member
    My Z8 has the same issue. According to my dealer "there is nothing wrong with it..." I cut a piece of flexible 1/2" irrigation tube about 1" long and pushed them into the discharge holes. I now get a nice stream of water I can catch in a weigh in bag. Always the little things with these boats.
    2013 Nitro Z-8 200hp Mercury Pro XS

my 2015 z8 had straight streams, then one went like your saying, i cleaned the livewells with clean water like normal and ran water into the tank from the pump out, then next time it was fixed, honestly it seams like a scale dried to a spot causing it to act like this, then it came out and were back to normal, except one of my pp lines are about 2'' away from the exit.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moodyjeremy View Post
    The pumps seem strong as the water sprays strong but why doesn't it come out like other boats. Its impossible to catch water in weigh bag. Has anyone else had this problem?
    I had the same problem in trying to fill weigh in bags. I went to the hardware store and got a 90 deg plastic hose barb (male to female pipe thread) and a straight hose barb with a male pipe thread to match the 90 deg screwed them together. Get the hose barb the ID size of the fitting on the boat. When you want to fill the bag just push the hose barb into the fitting on the boat and when you turn the pump out on a nice stream of water will fill your bag. When you are done remove the fitting and place it into storage for the next time. Works great for me....
    2019 Bass Cat Eyra
    Mercury 250 Pro SX
    4 Stroke 2B591496

I'll try all this. Thanks

7. Member
    My '08 Z9 has the same problem. Found out that when factory installed, they use silicone on the barbs of the fittings. They then push the hose on to the fitting and carelessly get the silicone inside the hose. After it dries, the hose is partially blocked. I had to disassemble all of them and clean them out. Worked fine after. Also found that the fittings aren't metal like other boats I've had. They're actually plastic.