Thread: Tires

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Tires

Sorry for a repeated post.

What trailer tires seem to be working the best? I have a z521 and been using Goodyear. I am thinking I would be better off with another brand because they do not last long.

The new Goodyear trailer tires are getting good reviews - the Endurance. Made is USA I believe...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Thank you. I may give them a shot. To be honest I think the cheapest tire out there would be the same as the marathon.

Actually I had good luck with Marathons - on boat trailers as well as my 5th wheel.. Admittedly I changed them about every 3 years. Next set will be the Endurance most likely.. My new Ranger has some other brand - chinese made I would imagine.. Wont keep them very long !
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

5. Member
    Goodyear endurance here great so far zero issues and track very well at 70.

I have not had many issues with the Marathon tracking. However, I do not get very many miles out of them. That's my main complaint. They are pricey compared to other brands and I'm expecting more milage. Guess i trave too much. Lol

11,000 actual miles on my endurance, have 3/4 tread and no other damage except a 4" screw went into the rear axle, was fixed and rotated to the front axle, been pretty sweet tire, at this point my carlises were on borrowed time (made it to approximately 17000, but the endurance appear they will go 25-30)
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

8. Member
    I just put on a set of General Tire RT43 ULTIMAX on my Z521C, great ride. Those Kenda tires Ranger is putting on are very poor quality.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin4bass View Post
    I just put on a set of General Tire RT43 ULTIMAX on my Z521C, great ride. Those Kenda tires Ranger is putting on are very poor quality.

Kenda - yeah that is what is on my 2017...

In the RV world most trailer tire life is judged more by age than mileage... The tires dry rot - all of them... sitting parked is the worst thing for them and in the sun is even worse..

I've never worn a set of boat trailer tires out by mileage - probably because I pitch them every three years regardless of condition... Sadly enough, I always manage to sell the old tires to someone and they probably put them on their boat trailer....
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

10. Member
    Agree with the 3 year time frame--tires on my trailer will be 3 years old this coming summer and they will be replaced with a set of Endurance tires
    Last edited by kadas; 10-31-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by kadas View Post
    Agree with the 3 year time frame--tires on my trailer will be 3 years old this coming summer and they will be replaces with a set of Endurance tires
    If I don't replace them I am a nervous wreck driving down the road!!!!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    +2
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

14. Member
    Just went through this. The new good years at 8ply vice 6 in the past. Strong tire (knock on wood). Don't know if you have discount tires your way but you can get one with full warranty for 125 out the door.

15. Member
    I sell/market tires for a living.

The new Goodyear Endurance is one heck of a trailer tire, no doubt. They are built in the USA, built well, and have speed ratings that are actually more relevant for the speeds we all run down the interstates pulling these trailers. They are neither cheap in price, nor build quality. It would be my #1 choice. The Marathon that it replaced has been made all over the world in its long history...might be some of the most moved tire molds in the industry...you had good runs, you had bad runs with it.

My #2 choice is the Maxxis ST Radial M8008. Nice trailer tire that gets excellent reviews all over the industry - Google it.

My #3 choice would be the Carlisle stuff.

After that, just about any Chinese manufactured ST radial is a dime a dozen...a lot of them built in the same factories with different sidewall plates...my company sells Mastertrack, which are decent tires. Chinese made tires have come a LONG way over the last decade. Is it what I would put under my Ranger with fiberglass fenders? Nope. But for run of the mill trailer service at an economical price, they do the job. We sell thousands of them with very few returns.

Now, go to a local independent tire dealer and give them a chance to earn your business and take care of you before you hit the big box retailers!
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

16. Member
    Put endurances on mine this Fall. Hated paying for them but feel confident going down the road.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 Ranger 521 svx
    2006 Evinrude Etec E225DHLSDF #05135216

(Dads)
    1995 Champion 202
    1997 Johnson Venom 200STLEUB SN# G04338914 Built 4/97

17. Member
    Any of you guys have problems getting your tires/wheels balanced? I have a 2016 Z521c with stock wheels and had to replaced tires this year, struggled to find so done that could balance those wheels.
    Ranger 2023 Z520R Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke

18. Member
    No, Blue Ridge Tire Center in Salem always balances my trailer tires, and must get them right as the trailer pulls smooth as butter.

19. Member
    You could have fulled me that Chinese tires have come a long way. I have had two separate sets of Calilse's over the last 6 years and have suffered tire failure and ruined trailer fender twice. Wont run those china bombs again as long as the Endurance tires are any other tire is made in the US.

20. Member
    I've had my Endurance tires since March and really like them but I don't get the gripe of them being expensive. Mine were about $98 each from Discount Tire Direct shipped to the house and I think about $10 each installed locally. I would've bought local but needed them for a trip and my store couldn't get them for another few weeks because they were so new.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast