Thread: Tires

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've had my Endurance tires since March and really like them but I don't get the gripe of them being expensive. Mine were about $98 each from Discount Tire Direct shipped to the house and I think about $10 each installed locally. I would've bought local but needed them for a trip and my store couldn't get them for another few weeks because they were so new.
    True Sir................very good, affordable tires...................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

Moring guys… Well it finally happened; I was heading home from Lake Conroe. Rear driver side tire separated. I was lucky that the fender was not damaged but did destroy the tail and side lights. Have a tail light so all I have to order is the side. I made it to Discount tire and I figured I would go ahead and order 5 new Goodyear Endurance. The sales person said he have 4 in stock. I’ll have to order one for your spare. I told him you just made my day. I mention that I was told the tire is alittle pricy. He said what if I can do under 100.00 per tire. I said dude if you can do that, this day is getting better. He did. 98.00 per tire plus tax. It was funny, usually one or two guys handle the tires, six guys came out and took off the old tires and the same guys came out to put the new ones on. Each one looked over the boat and asked all kind of questions. I believe 2 or 3 said that their dads all wanted a Ranger but never could get one. Drove it home no shake or vibration going home.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    You could have fulled me that Chinese tires have come a long way. I have had two separate sets of Calilse's over the last 6 years and have suffered tire failure and ruined trailer fender twice. Wont run those china bombs again as long as the Endurance tires are any other tire is made in the US.
    I won’t run them either, but I do think they have improved. My company will sell over 100,000 of the Chinese made trailer tires this year and our customers don’t have many issues at all. I think improper air pressure and/or road hazards are the culprit in a great many failures.
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

4. Member
    BQuiz,

You work for Rudolph's ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by knopf View Post
    BQuiz,

You work for Rudolph's ?
    No sir, but I know the company.

I work for for a wholesale tire distributor - We supply independent tire dealers across the South. (If you’re in Decatur, we’ve got a good dealer there in town that we service from our warehouse locations in Nashville and Birmingham.)
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BQuiz View Post
    I won’t run them either, but I do think they have improved. My company will sell over 100,000 of the Chinese made trailer tires this year and our customers don’t have many issues at all. I think improper air pressure and/or road hazards are the culprit in a great many failures.
    You might be right with many people running improper tire pressure but not me. I check my pressure everytime I pull the boat out. First blowout with Carlisle's I had been running for about 2 hrs on a five hour tow. I had pressure checked my tires as usual. Set them at 50 psi. Usually found them a lb or two off when I checked them. Tire started vibrating and blew. Tires were right at 3 years old. Carlisle sent replacement tires and payed for the fender repair. The replacement tire blew right at 3 years old as well while towing to Florida. The tire shop said they had a little more than half the useful tread left. This time I was running a tire pressure monitoring system. Tire started vibrating like the first time I had a blowout and I immediately pulled over. I checked the tire for bulges, missing tread, abnormal wear, etc. Showed nothing. When I pulled over the tire pressure monitoring system showed it was running at 52 psi and 70+ degrees. I started back down the road and before I got up to 65 mph the tire blew and tore up the fender. Carlisle once again after looking at the tire payed for replacements and the fender. A stand up company for sure. I had the replacement Carlises put on at a Florida Discount Tire Store. They called the Discount Tire Store in Katy Texas where I live and had them get me the Endurance tires which I replaced upon my return. I could not get those Chinese bombs off my boat trailer fast enough.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    How do you know if they are Chinese or not?

Usually have Made In China on the sidewall somewhere.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    You might be right with many people running improper tire pressure but not me. I check my pressure everytime I pull the boat out. First blowout with Carlisle's I had been running for about 2 hrs on a five hour tow. I had pressure checked my tires as usual. Set them at 50 psi. Usually found them a lb or two off when I checked them. Tire started vibrating and blew. Tires were right at 3 years old. Carlisle sent replacement tires and payed for the fender repair. The replacement tire blew right at 3 years old as well while towing to Florida. The tire shop said they had a little more than half the useful tread left. This time I was running a tire pressure monitoring system. Tire started vibrating like the first time I had a blowout and I immediately pulled over. I checked the tire for bulges, missing tread, abnormal wear, etc. Showed nothing. When I pulled over the tire pressure monitoring system showed it was running at 52 psi and 70+ degrees. I started back down the road and before I got up to 65 mph the tire blew and tore up the fender. Carlisle once again after looking at the tire payed for replacements and the fender. A stand up company for sure. I had the replacement Carlises put on at a Florida Discount Tire Store. They called the Discount Tire Store in Katy Texas where I live and had them get me the Endurance tires which I replaced upon my return. I could not get those Chinese bombs off my boat trailer fast enough.
    I’m pretty OCD with checking my tires too...always making sure they are set at 50psi. It amazes me how many people rarely check.

Glad to see that Carlisle did you right.

What tire pressure monitoring system do you use for your boat trailer?
    BQuiz
    2020 Ranger Z518

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BQuiz View Post
    I’m pretty OCD with checking my tires too...always making sure they are set at 50psi. It amazes me how many people rarely check.

Glad to see that Carlisle did you right.

What tire pressure monitoring system do you use for your boat trailer?
    I am running Truck System Technology's Tire Pressure Monitoring System. These mount externally. Take the valve stem cap off and put these on. Takes about 5 minutes and I check the tire pressure every time before I hook the boat up to the truck. I take them off after I get back from my trip. The enternal battery in the sensor only activates when they are screwed into the valve stem. They can be left on and have a 5 yr battery life, but I can't see having them activated while the boat sits in the garage before the next trip.

11. Member
    I did away with trailer tires, as they are not required to meet any standard. They only cost more because they are "trailer tires". I went to the Michelin radials on my Z520C trailer & have had no further issues & they ride lie a dream. Best decision I ever made & they are EXACTLY what are called for on the trailer frame.
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by km9e View Post
    I did away with trailer tires, as they are not required to meet any standard. They only cost more because they are "trailer tires". I went to the Michelin radials on my Z520C trailer & have had no further issues & they ride lie a dream. Best decision I ever made & they are EXACTLY what are called for on the trailer frame.
    Please tell us more. Which model tire are you running? I tow on some very rough roads in the Detroit area, and a smoother riding tire would be a godsend, especially in heavy traffic.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

13. Member
    I've been running passenger car tires P215/70r14 on my tandem trailer for the past 2 1/2 years. No problems and they will way outlast trailer tires.

14. Member
    Trailer tires have thicker sidewalls and higher operation pressure to reduce trailer sway.

15. Member
    I choose not to run a P rated tire on my boat trailer because the National Tire Manufactures Association does not approve them for that type of service. Most tire shops especially the national chains wont install a P rated tire on a boat trailer. But if that is what you want to put on your trailer and can get someone to mount them I say go for it.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 11-28-2017 at 07:22 AM.

16. Member
    Ran my marathons 10 years 12 trips from IL to fl sold the boat tires still had lot of tread looked great

17. Member
    Tromanoski, Can I ask what Pressure Sensor Model are you running? Looks like they have several models. Thanks

18. Member
    I have the TST 510 series. These are the sealed units that you can back your trailer in the water and submerge them. If you get the 507 series they are not waterproof. With that said the 510 sensors have to be returned to get the batteries changed. They have a 5 year warranty on battery replacement and assume you put them on and leave them on the tires except to air the tire. I take mine off when I back the boat back into my garage. They provide a wrench that you have to use to put them on and take the off with. Real simple. When you take them off the battery does not get used.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 11-28-2017 at 03:23 PM.

19. Member
    Tromanoski, Thanks for the info.

20. Member
    Guys - my 2015 Z520C came from Ranger with General tires. These are not trailer tires (not ST rated) but passenger car tires mounted in 17 inch bullet wheels.
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast