20ss, talon mounts, problems?

Can someone post some pix of talons mounted to a jackplate on the back of your 20ss or similar hull. Just wondering how they fit in there with the contour or the hull. Also what problems are you guys seeing with dual talons?

2. Member
    will get you some pictures monday- mine fit good and tuck in nice to back of sponsons--had to go to a 24p bravo one prop- lost 3-4 mph but well worth it
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I replied and posted a picture in the shallow water anchor forum. You did not ask about performance issues in that thread so I am replying to this one. I really do not know the actual amount of speed I lost because when I added both my Talons I also re-powered with a new motor. Plus my old setup did not have a jack-plate and my new set-up does have a 6" jack-plate. I went from a 150 to a 150HO. The 150 HO has about 165 HP whereas the 150 is 150. The added 15 horsepower and jack-plate did gain me 1.5-2 mph in speed even though I added Talons. Without the Talons I would have more than likely gain more than what I did (maybe 1 more mph?) I will never know. There is no way I will remove them just to see. They are the best investment I have made for my boat. At first I was sick about my hole-shot but I knew since I installed a new motor, new jack-plate and two Talons it was going to take a while to get my set-up figured out. I ended up adding a foil and by far that was the best thing I done to improve hole-shot. If yours suffers from poor hole-shot go to the Stroker forum and look up Chris Bailey. His user name is cbailey. Purchase one of his "custom foils". I have a traditional Hydrofoil but if I had it to do it over I would buy cbailey's foil. With a foil my hole-shot is back to normal even when loaded heavy.

4. Member
    fishing partner is going to send you pictures by facebook if you are the one on there asking for them
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools