Do It Weedless Brush Jig

Thinking about buying this mold, has anyone used one of these jigs? If so what is the closest jig design on the market so i can get a good look at the head before i spend 35 bucks?!

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

3. Member
    I have it, not very impressed with it. It hangs up just like other jigs and I have not found a great hook for the mold.
    Danny Head
    Hinton, Oklahoma
    2015 Ranger RT 188, Mercury 115 4 stroke

I have the mold and use this jig quite often. I really like how it stands up and puts my trailer in a claws up position. Do I get more bites that way? Can't say. But, I like how easy it skips and as far as hooks go, I'm using Mustad flipping hooks and haven't had any problems with breakage or points rolling.
    LET'S GO BLUES!!! WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2024?

One thing I will add, there are a lot of custom jig makers out there that use this mold so maybe order a few and give em a shot before you pull the trigger on a mold. I would pour you some to try but my pot is giving me fits and so it's out of commission at the moment.

6. Member
    Bassin Dude, is the head similar to an All terrain jig or is it different than that?

7. Member
    I've used it for years and pour it with a mustad hook. If you would like some P.M me an address and i'll send you a few to look at/try out

Quote Originally Posted by jcronebassmaster View Post
    Bassin Dude, is the head similar to an All terrain jig or is it different than that?
    Sorry for the delay...I am not familiar with the All terrain jig so I can't say.

9. Member
    Try the Revenge flipping jig. Good jig and it's the same head
    2006 Skeeter ZX225

10. Member
    I really like the brush jig, it isn't any more or less snag resistant than any other jig but it has some good properties. It falls through cover really well which I didn't expect but it isn't a typical stand up head, the bottom isn't flat, it is rounded. That slightly rounded bottom allows it to be crawled or dragged like and arky style jig only the hook is up and it doesn't dig in on the bottom like most stand up jigs which force you to hop it. In my opinion it is a really good heavy cover jig, if you are flipping through heavy grass or timber a bullet style head will work better since you are just putting it in a spot and hopping it a few times and then moving on. The brush jig is going to work well for pitch to areas where you are going to work the jig for a few feet, it does work good to flip but the fact it will stay upright on a slow drag or pull is what makes it a really good jig and it comes through cover better than a football style head.

11. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    I like this jig and mold. Works great. This link is not mine but I have tried this jig like the one in the link and it's a worker.

http://truesouthlures.com/product/rw-original-buzz/
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

12. Member
    This jig from LPO is similar, one of my favorites. http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Onlin...uppy-Jigs.html
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by jcronebassmaster View Post
    If so what is the closest jig design on the market so i can get a good look at the head before i spend 35 bucks?!
    http://mpacklures.com/product-catego...-flippin-jigs/

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

I love this weedguard design. best snag resistant jig ive used.

for the record, I mostly use the do-it mold brush jig. I do like it and it works well. I usually use the mustad hooks, but really like the owner deep throats too, just expensive
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure

15. Member
    The d&l advantage or baby advantage jig head is better, or lpo sells them as a bill lowen head

16. Member
    I use this head a lot. Sell a bunch of them every year. I like it better in shallow rocks than a football jig.

17. Member
    Would anyone be willing to post a picture of this head looking from the front? Would love to see how wide the head is also. (The part that makes contact with the bottom). Thanks

18. Member
    Thanks for all the replys guys, i think i'm going to order the mold and put the deep throat hooks in them with a Y style weedguard

19. Member