Brake Pad question

As a DIY kinda guy..... how difficult is it to change the brake pads on the trailer? I've got a bunch of brake dust on the passenger side so I will also be bleeding the brakes and checking for leaks or other problems. Hoping it is just a stuck caliper.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    easy task if the rotors are in good shape and just replacing the pads
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    The brakes on my trailer are the most aggressive of all the trailers I've owned. They also create more take dust than any I've owned. Not sure if it is the material these are made of or what. I'm thinking about trying to adjust the actuator when I have some time. I like that there's no clunk in stop and go driving, but I feel like the brakes are being used a little too much.
    2015 Phoenix 819

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    they use a eco friendly pad because its going in the water and they do make brake dust bad, there is an old post on here with a part number for a replacement pad from autoparts, dont remember the car
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    they use a eco friendly pad because its going in the water and they do make brake dust bad, there is an old post on here with a part number for a replacement pad from autoparts, dont remember the car
    Its for a Kia Sephia 1997-2000..... Just don't get the semi-metallic

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

6. Member
    OK just a quick question.... To remove the caliper bolts, are they an allen head or a bolt head. I know the rubber boot is covering the bolt and making it hard to get to.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

7. Member
    I think the bolts could be EITHER type. They are on the back side going through the flange on the axle into the caliper. They have stiff blue loctite on 'em so be prepared to expend some effort removing them. You need to use blue loctite when you put 'em back in also. So that they will be equally hard to remove the next time. :)
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

8. Member
    OK..... So here is what happened....After returning home from 2 long trips back to back I noticed a lot of brake dust on the passenger side wheel. After removing the wheel I found that I had one broken brake pad and a stuck caliper that caused the other brake pad to grind to nothing. Rotor is in rough shape but not bad enough to replace. Replaced the pads and bled the brakes. Then took it for a short ride and made sure the brakes were applied a couple times. Parked it and jacked up the wheel and checked to make sure the caliper was operating properly. All is good..... time to head to FL for the winter.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    . delete
    info@drewcraft.com