Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I figure when it all plays out, Ranger will be the premium line, nitro the budget line, and maybe they keep Triton around as a mid level offering. Hat will leave the industry with 6 major boat lines and JM will own three of them.

2. Member
    Till he buys Phoenix lol

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Till he buys Phoenix lol
    Yep. I figure they will be the next target.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    Yes they are the easiest one left to pick off, I think he had his sights set on basscat until they shored up those additional investors...

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I doubt that happens anytime soon. Phoenix is making too much money right now. Doubt they are looking to sell.

6. Member
    Apparel Shop is back open on the website, looks like its been updated!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    I doubt that happens anytime soon. Phoenix is making too much money right now. Doubt they are looking to sell.
    Every business is for sale. Especially when it’s profitable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    How do you know they are profitable? They are a private company and don't report earnings. Sales don't always equal profits.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    How do you know they are profitable? They are a private company and don't report earnings. Sales don't always equal profits.
    Unless they are way poorly mismanaged they are making money hand over fist right now. I sure hope Johnny doesn't get them too. I truly don't think he's going to screw all these brands he has bought up but damn, he's got enough.

10. Member
    If you could look at Legends books we may have a better idea on what was the intent of the buyout. Looks like he needed more manufacturing floor room, so if he bought it for a little more than the asset appraisal it was a no brainer for him. If he paid a premium for it he sees an opportunity to build it to make some $$$ or for some other reason we may never really know. He is no dummy so he had his reasons. He has a ton of $$ so just the plant and trained, experienced employees may be worth it for him. The news from the prostaff side does not look good long term for Legend unless he wants to blend Legend/Triton similar to what he did with stratos/champion. We all know how that worked out. On the business side, I can't see him using all different glass options and different high end hardware, and different build processes in the same plant. I would think as time goes on we will see most of his brands built in a similar process using the same materials. Now we may see a premium line Ranger or Triton or Legend or maybe even Nitro that use premium materials and a lower tier triton or nitro line built to a price. There will be some consolidation. One thing for sure he is building a premium workforce. I hope he takes advantage of the talent he is getting. Only a few know what is in the works.

I don't think it is far fetched to believe that maybe Legend approached JM about a potential buyout instead of vise versa...???

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    If you could look at Legends books we may have a better idea on what was the intent of the buyout. Looks like he needed more manufacturing floor room, so if he bought it for a little more than the asset appraisal it was a no brainer for him. If he paid a premium for it he sees an opportunity to build it to make some $$$ or for some other reason we may never really know. He is no dummy so he had his reasons. He has a ton of $$ so just the plant and trained, experienced employees may be worth it for him. The news from the prostaff side does not look good long term for Legend unless he wants to blend Legend/Triton similar to what he did with stratos/champion. We all know how that worked out. On the business side, I can't see him using all different glass options and different high end hardware, and different build processes in the same plant. I would think as time goes on we will see most of his brands built in a similar process using the same materials. Now we may see a premium line Ranger or Triton or Legend or maybe even Nitro that use premium materials and a lower tier triton or nitro line built to a price. There will be some consolidation. One thing for sure he is building a premium workforce. I hope he takes advantage of the talent he is getting. Only a few know what is in the works.
    I agree. I think he bought legend for the workforce and manufacturing space. I also agree about consolidation but hopefully the triton line goes up to the legend standards and not the other way around. Not that triton is horrible, legend is just above them. As it looks, nitro and ranger will stay the same and at the same plants so the consolidation would be at the triton/legend plant if it happens. That's a big IF though.

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    ...unless he wants to blend Legend/Triton similar to what he did with stratos/champion.
    JM didn't have anything to do with the Champion models being re-badged as Stratos. That was Platinum Equity, the previous owner of the once Genmar brands. Kelly Power, owner of Ulrich Marine is working with Charger to bring back some of the Champion models. The 210 has been out almost 18 months and the next one up is the 198. They are being marketed as Charger Elites. So far the 210 seems to be enjoying some pretty decent sales numbers.

14. Member
    +1 to the above post..

15. Member
    Charger is still out there and I hear the 210 is doing well.

16. Member
    Well I was going to buy a legend because I loved my hawk awesome ride but they went under 6 months after I bought it and resale went to crap now legend in same boat so I bought a ranger today yes I know Jm owns them to but the resale will be there in ten years and I will be able to get parts good luck legend owners I'm sure I'm not the only one who went a diff direction because of the buy out and Jm or legend has not said anything since day one letting there pro staff go does not look good I think it's a done deal maybe a year or two he just bought workers and space . And eliminated more competitors

17. Member
    After having 6 Rangers I sold my Z520 in 2016 because Johnny Morris bought them. I bought a Legend V20......and well.....we see how that worked out! I'm nervous about Legend's future but damn my boat is everything I have ever wanted in a bassboat.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    ... and I will be able to get parts good luck legend owners...
    What "parts" can you get that Legend, Stratos, Champion, Pro Craft, Hawk, Ray Craft, Tide Craft, Cajun or any number of defunct boats can't get???... White River Marine Group is honoring warranties... Dan

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    What "parts" can you get that Legend, Stratos, Champion, Pro Craft, Hawk, Ray Craft, Tide Craft, Cajun or any number of defunct boats can't get???... White River Marine Group is honoring warranties... Dan
    Meh... no their not, ask a champion owner...

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Meh... no their not, ask a champion owner...
    Name me a Champion owner whose warranty wasn't honored. Keep in mind tha Champion has been out of business for almost 8yrs, so I doubt there would be any hull warranties cropping up this far down the road. That was the only component covered by "Lifetime". PE honored all the Genmar warranties. White River wouldn't be obligated to honor Champion since it was gone long before they purchased PE's assets. I would think they would honor any Stratos warranties since Stratos was in business at the time of the acquisition. This would include, IMHO, any Stratos Elites even though production stopped after the 2013 model year. Aside from the plastic molded pieces, everything else is provided by 3rd parties, and I don't believe are covered under the boat manufacturer's warranty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast