Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Bought a couple of boxes of Hornady American Whitetail in 139g. They were less than $20 box. I want to be able to afford to let her shoot as much as she wants around the house. Also bought some steel rings. Nikon ProStaff 3x9x40 should be here Monday.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky-triton View Post
    Bought a couple of boxes of Hornady American Whitetail in 139g. They were less than $20 box. .
    I still haven't tipped anything over with the Hornady's. With the Hornady rep, I'm expecting them to perform well and the price is very reasonable. Let us know when she whacks one.

3. Member
    ... Hornady American Whitetail in 139g...$20 box. I want to be able to afford to let her shoot as much as she wants around the house...
    Better hide the TV and the good china if she's going to be shooting that stuff around the house!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    I still haven't tipped anything over with the Hornady's. With the Hornady rep, I'm expecting them to perform well and the price is very reasonable. Let us know when she whacks one.
    She is shooting the old Remington 742 in .30-06 since I haven't received the scope I ordered in the mail yet.

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADAZZTRITON View Post

You ever ordered from that site?

She is shooting the old Remington 742 in .30-06 since I haven't received the scope I ordered in the mail yet.
    If you can find someone to reload for you, try a 140gr Nosler Boat tail ballistic tip in front of about 40gr of IMR 4064. I killed quite a few deer with that 7-08 load. The bullet creates so much shock and damage. Honestly many of the deer never took a step. OH, and it shoots half inch five shot groups out of my 700BDLVS.

7. Member
    just about any ammo Hornady makes, I shoot their BTSP ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12