Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    I own a helix and quite honestly I like it better than any of the other flashers i have owned/own which include Vexilar (all the way up to the FL22), zercom, Bird Ice 45,55 597, Marcum.

Obviously the addition of GPS is unique over any of other, not to mention the capability to use 1' high def lakemaster map chips or having the ability to transfer summer waypoints to my helix. But what I find even more impressive is the sonar (chirp) the sensitivyt and definition is unreal.

other features that I now have a great appreciation for, no interference, day, date time on screen (what time did that flurry start?), battery gauge, cone angle gauge (tells me how big my cone is at depth i am fishing), adjustable depth to 1 foot increments, numerous screen views. Adjustable zoom range out to 6x (as far as I have tried, might go farther).

Battery consumption has been great.

To be honest I got the 5 and i have no problems seeing it so i have a lighter more portable unit than any of my others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    I own a helix and quite honestly I like it better than any of the other flashers i have owned/own which include Vexilar (all the way up to the FL22), zercom, Bird Ice 45,55 597, Marcum.

Obviously the addition of GPS is unique over any of other, not to mention the capability to use 1' high def lakemaster map chips or having the ability to transfer summer waypoints to my helix. But what I find even more impressive is the sonar (chirp) the sensitivyt and definition is unreal.

other features that I now have a great appreciation for, no interference, day, date time on screen (what time did that flurry start?), battery gauge, cone angle gauge (tells me how big my cone is at depth i am fishing), adjustable depth to 1 foot increments, numerous screen views. Adjustable zoom range out to 6x (as far as I have tried, might go farther).

Battery consumption has been great.

To be honest I got the 5 and i have no problems seeing it so i have a lighter more portable unit than any of my others.
    Great info! Another question, Where does one buy one at right now? I think I'd like a 7 better so I could also use it in my boat.

3. Member
    I think a 7 is the way to go. I grabbed this one because of price and just cause I wanted to try one out. Truth is my 587 took a crap so I had no GPS. So in essence I bought this for GPS but found the sonar is the Real deal.

I had a shuttle and battery when I bought mine. I just needed the Chirp ice ducer. that was a challenge to find but as is usually the case I found them in stock at Thorne Bros. I would venture to guess if a board sponsor cant get you one, Thorne's can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123