Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    When he was at the Classic on Hartwell in '08 he was running a Champ. Lea and I were there talking to him. His hauler still had the Nitro on it that is in the picture I posted. Very cool guy from the Lake Wylie area of SC.

2. Banned
    So I was trying to figure out when his last year on tour was, looked at his bio and in 2007 classic he was sponsored by Legend Boats??? I don’t remember that. He sure did bounce around from boat to boat a lot.

Then an article says that he would be sponsored by bass Pro and run a Z9 in the last half of 2007.

Odd, all the conflicting info. Maybe sponsored by Legend on the flw & Nitro on bassmasters?
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-12-2017 at 04:46 PM.

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    As Fred and I just posted, WE WERE THERE and he was running a Champ fro m at least part of 07 thru to the 09/10 bankruptcy!

He may have gone to Legend after, because his dealer went to Legend following the bankruptcy. I have forgotten what he did after he was Champ sponsored. But, Jon Lilley canclear it up, since he owns the dealership Jason worked thru.

4. Banned
    Shows that 2013 was his last year full time fishing, maybe he was a legend boat man after the Champion Boat and the article I read was wrong. Strampion was done in 2010, right? So might have been: 2006 ProCraft, 2007 Nitro, 2008 Champion, 2010 Triton & 2012 legend maybe??? The most current pic shows him in a Nitro again.

and I’m not arguing, I’m just going by what’s on his bio on the bassmasters site and making
    conversation because I’m bored.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 11-12-2017 at 08:11 PM.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    OK he didn't. Lea and I never talked to him we made up the same story.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    OK he didn't. Lea and I never talked to him we made up the same story.

Did you read what I actually wrote? He was Champion in 2008 & 2009. If you type his name into YouTube with the year, he has videos of the boats he was running. My point is, who changes boat sponsors that often?

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Shows that 2013 was his last year full time fishing, maybe he was a legend boat man after the Champion Boat and the article I read was wrong. Strampion was done in 2010, right? So might have been: 2006 ProCraft, 2007 Nitro, 2008 Champion, 2010 Triton & 2012 legend maybe??? The most current pic shows him in a Nitro again.

and I’m not arguing, I’m just going by what’s on his bio on the bassmasters site and making
    conversation because I’m bored.
    Pretty sure Jason was still in Champion in 2009 and moved to Legend in 2010. Don't know what he's doing now other than maybe fishing some BASS opens. Stratos built the Elites through 2013, but Skeet and Mike were the only two Elites in them. For 2014, Skeet went Ranger and Mike went into a Stratos 201.

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Jason has been doing some guiding on Lake Hartwell and Wylie from what I've heard from my buds. Jason didn't have a factory ride with Champion. He had a dealer deal with Boater's Marine, like most of them do. Jon Lily sold Champion and then when Champ went under Jon picked up Legend. I haven't been up that way in a long time but looking at their website, it looks like they don't even sell bass boats any longer. The last Tx results I saw for him was 2015. I think he fishes the occasional BFL/Costa events, but nothing too competitive any more. He didn't qualify for the classic and had just signed with Champion. He had his rig parked next to the Champion booth and was handing out samples of Evan.
    Yes I read what you wrote but it seemed like you didn't read what Lea and I wrote. It's no big deal Mike.

9. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Pretty sure Jason was still in Champion in 2009 and moved to Legend in 2010. Don't know what he's doing now other than maybe fishing some BASS opens. Stratos built the Elites through 2013, but Skeet and Mike were the only two Elites in them. For 2014, Skeet went Ranger and Mike went into a Stratos 201.
    Exactly! Thanks, Reggie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12