150 4 stroke help

Serial #2b245376

So i was looking under my cowl and noticed the black hose that goes in right next to the the fuel filter was unplugged just hanging out. I looked and the only place it looked like it could plug in was on the other side of the motor. Anybody with a 150 4s can tell me if I got this hose plugged back in where its suppose to go.

Where I plugged it back in.

2. Member
    Kind of hard to tell where the second photo is on the motor, but when I traced my black line that is next to the fuel filter, my line goes up into my main tube bundle and into the transom/boat.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cfm56doc View Post
    Kind of hard to tell where the second photo is on the motor, but when I traced my black line that is next to the fuel filter, my line goes up into my main tube bundle and into the transom/boat.

Sorry I could not be of more help.
    Somebody else sent me a photo its the black tube right next to the fuel filter and it goes and up under the ecm somewhere on the photo i was sent. I looked and cant find anywhere it would hook up.

4. Member
    Make sure we are talking the same line.

I was thinking you were talking about the shiny black line that is directly under the fuel filter in your top picture. If that is the case, mine goes to the main tube bundle and up to my boat.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

5. Member

I was thinking you were talking about the shiny black line that is directly under the fuel filter in your top picture. If that is the case, mine goes to the main tube bundle and up to my boat.
    It goes straight down next to the fuel filter

6. Member
    Yep same one that on my setup goes into the main engine tube bundle and into the boat.

I did not believe it went there as you said yours was hanging out and wrapped it around the motor to connect it to something on the other side of the motor, so I checked mine three times and it definitely goes into the main tube bundle. From there I have no idea as I did not try to figure that one out.

I can go out into the garage, pull the cowl, and try to take a picture showing it if you like.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

7. Member

Somebody sent me this photo showing the other end going somewhere under the ecm but I dont see anything for it to attach to under the ecm

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please provide larger-higher resolution pictures for the ones in Post# 1.

Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    In pic 1 near the filter it connects to a fitting , they are pics I took

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I don't think you are understanding here.

Let's use ONLY pictures from YOUR engine to avoid confusion. PLEASE, no other pictures.

That is the Pitot Tubing. There are TWO (2) possible connections:

ANALOG: Tube is routed up to the rigging tube, and travels towards the dash for ANALOG GAUGE operation.

Digital/Smartcraft: Tube is routed to an optional Pitot Sender (Digital input for Smartcraft Use).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor