Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Thanks for the info... I am going to check mine out for that issue.

Good find.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    I finally took the time to mess with mine. I have the Sarasota electric locks on my Z21. And mine leak through the lock cylinder. There is a drain hole for the lock cylinder and a rubber gasket in the handle that has to be pushed down firmly to seat it on the lock cylinder. Even with it seated I am still getting some leakage. I guess I can try getting new gaskets.

I also sealed the bow panel with m-d black rubber marine automotive weather strip I got from Lowes. I trimmed the metal plate edge all around where it met the fiberglass and the cable pass thru's to ensure no water would get through this location. There were some areas that water could get in because it was partially open for cables and the fact that there is no gasket of any kind for sealing it. My other boat was sealed with latex caulking but that had to be redone every time you had to take the panel off for something. It still may allow some moisture through, but it should be minimal.

4. Member
    I bought my 2011 brand new and it did this. With the cover on it would leak in the rod boxes. Like inches standing in them. I took mine to the dealer 3 times and they could not find where it was leaking from. My dealer finally had to send it back to Tracker. I was told by my dealer and tracker that the seal on were the top cap and bottom meet was not right and they had to re-seal it. Since then it has not leaked one drop.

5. Member
    Update--Two different Bass Pro Tracker Marine service centers could not figure out where the water is coming from. Calling the main office at Tracker Marine was interesting especially after the woman on the phone told me I was a liar about how much water was getting in my compartments. She did not like what I had to say and she hung up on me. I decided to take a lock apart and see if I could figure this out. I know the water is coming in either around or through the lock. When I took the lock out, I immediately saw the issue. The carpet should have been trimmed away so the gasket could seal against the aluminum lid. The problem is the carpet was pushed all the way inside the 2" hole and glued down. There is no way for a gasket to seal against carpet. I trimmed the carpet away from the aluminum lif and now the gasket has a place to seal against aluminum instead of carpet. Problem solved. I guess that process was like trying to figure out how to launch a space shuttle for the Tracker service centers.

Good find coach hopefully this may help someone else. I have fished 3-4 weeks in the rain this year, last time it rained on us all day. No leaking, course you could not open a locker without rain getting in it. But no signs of leaking. The older Z9 latches would leak thru the keyholes and the rubber gaskets would fall off.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

7. Member
    Good info on the latches... I took deliver of my new Z21 this past weekend and we had it out Sat night in a steady rain for about 2 hours. Happy to report no compartment leaks at all.
    '17 Nitro Z21, 250ProXS serial # 2B399616, 24p Fury4, 12" Atlas, Apex 16 @ console, Apex 16 & Apex 13 @ bow, Mega 360, Ultrex, 8ft blades

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12