Carpet cleaning???

What are you using to shampoo/clean your carpets? Thanks.
    2013 Skeeter ZX20
    2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    112lb Ultrex w/link
    Garmin 1022 LVS 34 Live scope plus
    Helix 12 mega at the bow
    Helix 12 mega at the wheel
    Power poles

2. Moderator
    Wet carpet with hose the take a mixture of white vinegar and water (50-50) and a wire brush. Use wire brush to stand up pile and spray with water/vinegar mix and brush carpet and rinse. I use a wet vac and scrub with the brush attachment . Rinse and vac a couple of times to remove sand and dirt. You'll be surprised how much dirt will come out.

3. Member
    I would never use a wire brush but maybe you mean a stiff nylon brush. I use an agent called Amazing to break down some stains and then pressure wash but I just took the carpet out of the area where you sit and replaced with Seadek material so now it will not hold water, sand, blood or anything. follow the instructions to the letter for best results. I did not and regret it

Typical carpet cleaning solution is vinager with a few drops of dawn mixed with water. We use this solution on carpet that has had dye dripped on it aka; hair dye, wine and coolaide. Apply the solution then put a damp towel over the area and hit it with a hot clothes iron. The heat and steam will draw out the stain. Rinse well. Works very well on boat deck stains.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Moderator
    I use the wire brush to stand up the pile to remove deep down dirt. Not to scrub the carpet. Power washing carpet will ruin the carpet.

6. Member
    never heard that. I guess I better stop thanks for the heads up

7. Member
    My buddy told me to use the vinegar and water but also put some fragrance and dye free fabric softener in with it too. Make the carpet softer for sure and helps fluff it back up.

8. Member
    Bwp777.
    I sent you a PM.
    X

9. Member
    I've used Natures Miracle (http://www.naturesmiracle.com/produc...r-remover.aspx)

Takes care of the dog vomit so I figured it should be good for fish fluids. I sprayed it all over my carpet and then used a water mix to scrub it lightly. My carpet was pretty clean to begin with - I mainly wanted to get rid of the fishy stank. Natures Miracle is alcohol based and you can really smell it when you apply it but it does evaporate quickly. I figured the enzymes in it would take care of all the biodegradable matter.

10. Member
    When I was having my kid's playroom carpet cleaned, I asked the carpet cleaning guys if they have ever done a boat. Pontoons, yes. Bass boats, not yet. So, we pulled mine out of the garage and gave it a try. Worked excellently! And the best thing about it was it was NOT soaking wet when he finished. Also applied a scotch guard to it after cleaning. Every time he comes to the house to do something, I get him to hit the boat while he is there. Usually runs $50-100.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunnhow View Post
    When I was having my kid's playroom carpet cleaned, I asked the carpet cleaning guys if they have ever done a boat. Pontoons, yes. Bass boats, not yet. So, we pulled mine out of the garage and gave it a try. Worked excellently! And the best thing about it was it was NOT soaking wet when he finished. Also applied a scotch guard to it after cleaning. Every time he comes to the house to do something, I get him to hit the boat while he is there. Usually runs $50-100.
    Can you explain the technique used?
    ________
    $8

12. Member
    Cheap nylon brush and Dawn dishwashing liquid/water hose cleaned all the fish guts, stains, and yuck out of ours when we first got it. Carpet was red and beautiful as God intended.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944