Thread: Sad day...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Gotta see some pics of th 47.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

This is a pic before I painted it Candy Apple Red It is powered by a 327 with Chevy Nova drive train . I will look for more recent pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Man that’s KOOL !!!
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Very classy indeed! Split windshield and fenders fatter than the participants at a Jenny Craig convention! Got a bigger hood than the one I used to live next to in New Orleans too! Good stuff!
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

5. Member
    Sweet!!!

Nice!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

All put away until end of April
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Member
    Winter sucks. I have not even adjusted to the time change yet.
    Bass Cat Puma

Man....I couldn’t get used to that. I fish every week year round.
    www.ncboatguy.com

10. Member
    Burrrrrrr!!! I'd have toooo many kids if I lived where it did that!!!!

11. Banned
    This thread... is depressing.

Depressing ?????????????? Try living up here and reading your "Went fishing today " posts ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Z View Post
    Depressing ?????????????? Try living up here and reading your "Went fishing today " posts ><>
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This!!!!!!! I’m no where as north as you, but winter is a real pain here too. Usually just enough ice to be a pain. I could sure use some of that good Ol south weather during the winter here!

14. Member
    Don't feel bad guys...I went fishing today and smoked a lower unit. Had to troll back to the mainland until I found someone to tow me back to the ramp. If I had lived further north this wouldn't have happened...in November. Look how much money you guys up north are saving on maintenance, repairs and parts by not being able to fish all year long...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

Oh I fish in the winter but instead of out of a Bullet its out of a Silverado and through the ice ! Stay tuned for pics

16. Member
    Be careful out there on the ice...I saw a show where this towing company specialized in resurfacing vehicles that had sank to the bottom when the ice gave way. They even had a special contraption made to do and patented it too since they did it so often... Have you ever heard about people doing that where you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    Don't feel bad guys...I went fishing today and smoked a lower unit. Had to troll back to the mainland until I found someone to tow me back to the ramp. If I had lived further north this wouldn't have happened...in November. Look how much money you guys up north are saving on maintenance, repairs and parts by not being able to fish all year long...
    How much damage, Kelly?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    How much damage, Kelly?
    I don't know exactly how much yet but I will find out more here in the next 2 days. I was going about 60 mph at the time...then rpms shot up and forward propulsion went away completely at the exact same time. I thought I broke a propshaft or lost a prop at first...but then could smell the gear oil. It died by itself...still had the prop and shaft thank goodness. Attemped to restart and motor was locked smooth up...starter wouldn't budge it. Pulled all the plugs first thing when I got home and they all looked perfect so that gave me some confirmation that the motor was ok. Drained and pulled the gearcase off next and hooked up the hose to it and she fired right up and purred like a kitten. About a 50/50 mix of water and lube came out and they were not mixed together...clear water and darker oil, no metal either. I think it smoked the driveshaft needle bearings and siezed the shaft to them. Propshaft has some excessive play in it too but it does spin freely. Got it up on the workbench now...gonna start pulling it apart tomorrow...gonna have to make a few Yamaha specialty tools that I don't have on hand. I'll know more after I get into it and see the carnage firsthand...should be interesting. I got a spare right handed case to run but I love the lefty so I gotta get it going again.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Z View Post
    Oh I fish in the winter but instead of out of a Bullet its out of a Silverado and through the ice ! Stay tuned for pics
    Best drunk I ever had going ice fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 20cc View Post
    I don't know exactly how much yet but I will find out more here in the next 2 days. I was going about 60 mph at the time...then rpms shot up and forward propulsion went away completely at the exact same time. I thought I broke a propshaft or lost a prop at first...but then could smell the gear oil. It died by itself...still had the prop and shaft thank goodness. Attemped to restart and motor was locked smooth up...starter wouldn't budge it. Pulled all the plugs first thing when I got home and they all looked perfect so that gave me some confirmation that the motor was ok. Drained and pulled the gearcase off next and hooked up the hose to it and she fired right up and purred like a kitten. About a 50/50 mix of water and lube came out and they were not mixed together...clear water and darker oil, no metal either. I think it smoked the driveshaft needle bearings and siezed the shaft to them. Propshaft has some excessive play in it too but it does spin freely. Got it up on the workbench now...gonna start pulling it apart tomorrow...gonna have to make a few Yamaha specialty tools that I don't have on hand. I'll know more after I get into it and see the carnage firsthand...should be interesting. I got a spare right handed case to run but I love the lefty so I gotta get it going again.
    Keep me updated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast