Thread: Sad day...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sad day...

Today I had to pull the batteries, 20 rods and half of bass pro shop out of the bullet for winter storage
    The good news is the boat will be inside insted of shrink wraped and setting outdoors like my last ride.
    This was my first summer with the boat and took some seat time to get used to driving it, but after around the 4th tank of gas and help from bigcrazy on the stroker board...it has been all good. Cant wait for next year.:thumb up2
    Going to put a holeshot plate, upper plate and foil on first thing in the spring.
    Bass Cat Puma

Bad you gotta put it up and good it goes inside !! Glad I live where I do...fish all year...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    We have posable snow flakes in this weekends forecast. Will be cold until April. Will keep the hours
    off though..
    Bass Cat Puma

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Bad you gotta put it up and good it goes inside !! Glad I live where I do...fish all year...
    Right on Crank...I don't even know what winterizing means. Only difference is that I don't drive near as fast in the winter...but only trying to keep my boys warm. I do not have any kids...

Nova...I feel for you but not to worry. You will pick up right where you left off...
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

Winterizing means putting your coat in the boat... LOL .. Man I know that sucks .. glad I can fish year round ..

6. Member
    Hahaha...good call Mgeod. Winterizing...coat in the boat...got it now!
    96 Bullet 20cc, Yamaha OX 250+, 10" jack, labbed 30" Bravo LH w/1.25" exhaust pipes, counter rotating Bob's lower, it goes faster when you spin it the other way...

7. Member
    I drive faster in the winter, cool water, cool air, faster speeds, and less boat traffic

8. Member
    Right you are 250! But a 90 mph wind chill factor will turn 50 degrees into a subzero freezer real quick. I can't bust 50 mph in the cold without having to break the snotcycles off my nose...

I'd like to see your boat some day... I use my Bullet until ice on. Water is still in the high 50/60's here.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I'd like to see your boat some day... I use my Bullet until ice on. Water is still in the high 50/60's here.
    Would love to keep fishing in the cooler weather, but my boat storage has limited space and fills up.
    Sure thing about meeting up...maybe at a prop test day in the spring
    Bass Cat Puma

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Winterizing means putting your coat in the boat... LOL .. Man I know that sucks .. glad I can fish year round ..
    You guys down south have a nice winter, but you can have your summer. I grew up in Montgomery Al, parents are in huntsville/madison now. Hope to be able to do winter trips down there when I retire.
    Bass Cat Puma

12. Banned
    God bless you guys that have to winterize.

It might be time here too . The True North !
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. Member
    Holy cow...I would completely freak out if I walked outside and saw that! Then I would be on the phone with my realtor telling her to get it sold ASAP! Went fishing this AM...it was a little breezy but a nice morning at 82 degrees and just did beat the rain. Like T-racer (recognized you from S&F ) says God bless you guys!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Z View Post
    It might be time here too . The True North !
    Put that Bullet in the garage!! And when it's cold, I wear a helmet!!, and more clothes!!

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    Put that Bullet in the garage!! And when it's cold, I wear a helmet!!, and more clothes!!
    Garage to short and now wide enough . Besides I have my 47 Pontiac coupe street rod in there

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Z View Post
    Garage to short and now wide enough . Besides I have my 47 Pontiac coupe street rod in there
    The man does seem to have his priorities inline! I imagine Crank would agree cuz I think he's got a few sweet classic rides himself...

Waste no more film on the snowy Bullet...turn the camera towards the 47! Would love to see that!

19. Member
    Take the hot rod to Ted and make the garage bigger!!

Quote Originally Posted by nova385 View Post
    You guys down south have a nice winter, but you can have your summer. I grew up in Montgomery Al, parents are in huntsville/madison now. Hope to be able to do winter trips down there when I retire.

It does get hot. I will take it over the cold tho. I spent some time in the Army so I have been in the cold. Don't care if I ever see snow again. Fished the last 3 days in shorts . Its a little chilly today tho.. I think its about 45 right now .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast