Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by michael3700 View Post
    I can tell you LEGEND is not going anywhere,I was at the factory they have a new V-20 and working on a new V-21. They have more inventory than ever before. RUMORS ARE INCREDIBLE. There is no sign outside about triton or any other boat. Where ever you guys are getting your information you should check out the validity of your information.
    I drove buy there Wednesday and Monday there IS a Triton banner hanging on the fence that faces HWY 5. I emailed my contact in Flippin who is an office worker not a line worker and they confirmed models of Triton are indeed going to Legend's facility but they weren't sure if all are at this time. Fact. I never said Legend is going anywhere but i can tell you Triton is going to Midway.

2. Member

3. Member
    I was just at the factory as well. What I was told is there will be a Triton crew on one side and a Legend crew on the other. If one or the other get backed up or slow they will be able to help each other out. There is more than enough room in the factory for both brands. It should be a great move for both brands.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I was just at the factory as well. What I was told is there will be a Triton crew on one side and a Legend crew on the other. If one or the other get backed up or slow they will be able to help each other out. There is more than enough room in the factory for both brands. It should be a great move for both brands.
    It should be good for both brands. I don't own a legend but I would hate to see them get pushed out. They are an extremely nice boat. If they can move the quality to the triton they build then that can only improve that brand more. The pro deals are interesting though. Todd is understandable, all those guys from around here in that group are going to ranger for the contingency. The big names, if true, isn't good. Maybe they want legend to be the custom brand or something and want guys promoting the other ones. I have a hard time seeing Chris lane in a nitro, it just doesn't sound like he would like that.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Chris lane in a nitro, it just doesn't sound like he would like that.
    Agree, he used to be sponsored by Ranger and also ran Triton when it was mandatory to run one on day 4 if you made the cut, to me either would seem to be a better fit for him but he will run and promote what they pay him to...
    Last edited by Legend LE-195; 11-16-2017 at 01:49 PM.

6. Member
    Chris Lane is already sponsored by BPS, and he does segments on The Bass Pros, so to me it makes sense for him ti run a Nitro like the other big bps guys.
    Eastern Kentucky University
    2003 Stratos 200 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO

7. Member
    When was the last time a classic champ didn’t renew with his current boat brand.
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    When was the last time a classic champ didn’t renew with his current boat brand.
    Good point. You would think Legend would've at least kept Jordan Lee.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willhamm97 View Post
    Chris Lane is already sponsored by BPS, and he does segments on The Bass Pros, so to me it makes sense for him to run a Nitro like the other big BPS guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    Good point. You would think Legend would've at least kept Jordan Lee.
    If there was money issues, Pro Staff is one of the quickest ways to save some cash. Champion and Stratos both did that before the Genmar bankruptcy. Champion cut back to just Skeet & Mike McClelland and Stratos kept Larry Nixon.

10. Banned
    Never

11. Member
    Matt Lee posted yesterday. He was driving a ranger
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Wheeler to Triton.
    Wheeler said on Bassmaster Radio yesterday that he’s going to be in a Triton next year.

13. Member
    The Pros were asked to pick other White River Boat brands that had higher margins. The Legends are little too pricey to be given out with a major discount. Hopefully Legend can improve their manufacturing efficiency to cut down on "build" cost while still producing a superior product. When that happens hopefully you'll see some Pros running a Legend again. I do believe the exposure the Pros bring to the brand helps with sales.

14. Member
    I was actually talking to Fred Roumbanis and he said that he really hated going over to Triton from his V20. He spoke very highly of Legend and also said that Morris is NOT letting the Legend boats go.

15. Member
    Matt Lee posted yesterday. He was driving a ranger
    Looks like Kelly Jayes boat. Lee is Garmin sponsored and the Ranger had dual Lowrance.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Wheeler said on Bassmaster Radio yesterday that he’s going to be in a Triton next year.
    Wink, wink.

17. Member
    You would think a pro would put some skin in the game and drive any brand he wanted.
    If he put up 1/2 of production cost and boat factory covered the rest.
    Why wouldn't this work?
    I guess when someone lets you use a boat for free, that's the brand you ride in the pro world.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    You would think a pro would put some skin in the game and drive any brand he wanted.
    Why wouldn't this work?
    I guess when someone lets you use a boat for free, that's the brand you ride in the pro world.
    Not exactly how it works. They sign a contract that states boat has to be sold for a minimum of x by a certain date. If boat sells for over that they keep the difference. If not they have to pay said fee for boat.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Why wouldn't this work?
    That would probably work but when the money to fish is so high that 30k could make or break the season.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChanceHuiet View Post
    Not exactly how it works. They sign a contract that states boat has to be sold for a minimum of x by a certain date. If boat sells for over that they keep the difference. If not they have to pay said fee for boat.
    Your going to tell me KVD does this every year?, I think not, that man does not pay a dime for his boat I bet, in fact they probably pay him to use a Nitro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast