Banned

Weird Trim/tilt issue

2015 150 ProXS. If the key is off the motor will not trim/tilt fully. After it gets past the trim rods it will go up slightly more then stop. Let off the button, repress and it will go up an inch or so then stop. If you turn the key on it operates normally. It does this on all trim switches (motor, console, bow, blinker trim). Ideas?

2. Member
    It's called a tilt limit module I believe. There's a thread on it in the general bassboat topics. I was just reading through it today. Apparently it can be removed or bypassed.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yes, tilt limit module can be removed.

This may NOT be a wise decision, as it may allow you to tilt the engine high enough for expensive components of the engine and boat to "attempt occupying the same space at the same time".

ie: "Crunch".

If you need further assistance please try the 2.0/2.4/2.5L Forum (correct forum for your engine).
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 10-31-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Sounds like the stop limit can be adjusted using the orange wires.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straffordengineer View Post
    Sounds like the stop limit can be adjusted using the orange wires.
    The orange wire is how mine is set.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115