Rebuilding an hpdi

Buddy's 250 hpdi motor has 50 psi in one hole and we are hearing people don't rebuild these motors? Looking for some info and maybe a few good places to get the work done.boats in texas

2. BBC SPONSOR
    We rebuild lots of 'em,and have good shipping rates,give a call,305-394-3354,Chris

3. Member
    Not in Texas but Hydro Tec in Nixa MO is the only place I would ever have work on my Yamaha.

4. Member
    Chris carson is a great person to deal with. Helped with my rebuild last winter on a 250hpdi. Rebuild and machine work i had done locally (eldies marine) but all my specs and parts came from chris. He even took the time to explain the correct bore to my local shop for his specs and his experience. Had a cpl issues with parts coming incorrectly and had no quams about sending me out the right stuff. Dont fret. If you send it to him you can be sure it will be done correct. Mine has run solid all summer. Very happy about it all. Thanks again chris for the help! Justin in illinois. ;)

5. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Hydro tec has rebuilt them for years and have a 1 year warranty http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/ I have been using hydro tec for 20 years wayne and matt are the best.

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

HydroTec rebuilt my 2004 250 HPDI a few years back. It came back better than new. The biggest problem with the HPDI was the piston ring retaining pin. It would back out and bad things would happen. They have been using a different piston and that appears to have solved the problem. Give them a call. I shipped my entire motor. Just shipping power head is also an option.

7. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    When I blew mine I got a remanned from H/T, huge mistake. A couple years later I had a steel reed break and scratch a piston (not a H/T problem), I had a local start to repair it and was appalled at what we found when we took the motor apart to fix it.

I'd ship to Chris or have a local before I'd ever go there again.

8. Banned
    HYDRO- TEC, best in business by far...

HydroTec or Chris Carson. The only two to chose from. Who is closer for you? If not them, make sure whoever does the rebuild does NOT use factory pistons.
    Steve
    2006 BassCat Puma
    2006 Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Team Daiwa!