Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lund Pro V Bass 1875

Hey guys I am thinking of potentially changing over to aluminum in the near future from my Triton 18XS, and really love the Lund Pro V 1875. I was curious though what the price tag in the states may hover around, I know it greatly depends on the package and add ons. Just looking for a rough number to consider. I don't mind paying glass money for the Lund, as I am over the glass maintenance and have a little boy whom will be learning to fish, tin will just make things a bit more relaxing.

2. Banned
    Mid 40's maxed out motor and nicely equipped.

3. Member
    Thats a nice ride right there, saw one in person in a parking lot the other day. Was pretty much blown away with the layout, I dont have that much storage in my Triton and Silverado combined hahaha. I love my Triton, but I love the idea of not having to worry about beaching a boat or bumping a dock or waxing and wiping down religously. Especially like the higher gunnels on the Lund with a little guy learning to fish. Learned to fish in aluminum, time to get back to the roots. How do they draft in the water with wind compared to a glass bass boat. Figure there wouldnt be much difference.

4. Member
    I've seen them for 33 with a 150 four stroke and no electronics. Add up what you want and you are looking low to mid 40's.

I haven't been in one yet, but my buddy has the 2075 Pro-V Bass. He is extremely impressed with the boat and he came out of a pro-staff deal with Ranger and had a 620. Been wanting to get out in the 2075 but schedules just haven't worked out yet. Everything I have heard from anyone that has been in them is all positive. I crawled around the 1875 a couple weeks ago when I was at a photoshoot and I am really having a hard time deciding between that and a Bass Cat Sabre FTD.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    I've seen them for 33 with a 150 four stroke and no electronics. Add up what you want and you are looking low to mid 40's.

I haven't been in one yet, but my buddy has the 2075 Pro-V Bass. He is extremely impressed with the boat and he came out of a pro-staff deal with Ranger and had a 620. Been wanting to get out in the 2075 but schedules just haven't worked out yet. Everything I have heard from anyone that has been in them is all positive. I crawled around the 1875 a couple weeks ago when I was at a photoshoot and I am really having a hard time deciding between that and a Bass Cat Sabre FTD.
    That would be a tough call for sure. Both nice boats but Lund for me.

6. Member
    I saw one of these this summer and was impressed as well. I hate the thoughts of a tin boat when I fish very shallow on a lake that is 20 miles from Lake Erie (gets windy with many days >15 mph winds).

As we age, it is becoming tougher to get my wife on and off my boat. Darn lake has been low making it a big step to get in/out of the boat. Also as my balance isn't as good anymore, the thought of higher gunnels is comforting. I cherish my fiberglass boat and I protect it with a passion. So the thought of a tin boat has crossed my mind. Lund builds a great boat.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

Ive only climbed around in one, but I don't think you'll find a roomier better laid out boat under 19 feet long. in glass or aluminum.

8. Member
    My thoughts exactly, I love my Triton but moving to tin is more practical considering my fishing partners will be 4 and 66 hahaha. I think it offers a great platform for what I am looking for, and the days we wanna beach the boat and have lunch will be that much easier or less stressful worrying about rocks etc. The higher gunell is obvious for the same reasons... I would imagine the 1875 may even ride better than my Triton 18XS.

9. Member
    There is no comparison in rough water ride between the Triton and the Lund. If you go with the pedestal seating version you can add a piston seat pedestal and you’ll be amazed at how much smoother it is than your Triton.

10. Member
    Also, even though they’re about the same length, you could probably put your Triton, and then add all of your tackle, inside the Lund. It’s a much bigger framed boat. Or at least it seems to be much bigger.

11. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    If you can afford it, go with the 2075. Difference will be amazing. There are several used ones for sale too

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    There is no comparison in rough water ride between the Triton and the Lund. If you go with the pedestal seating version you can add a piston seat pedestal and you’ll be amazed at how much smoother it is than your Triton.
    I had a 2025 ProV LE with a 250 back in the day. It had the piston pedestal seating with a captains chairs smoothest riding boat i ever rode in still till this day. Factory Lund Pro Staff was not allowed this set up as they would jar the "Factory Mounted" trolling motors loose. The exception would be Al Lindner he could catch walleye without racing to the spot.

13. Banned
    OP, My Lund rides like a Cadillac on inland waters and I've never felt unsafe on the Great Lakes

14. Member
    Awesome info guys, really love the XS model great layout and the extra seating is something my wife will love with the kids and dogs. Well hey that's how I am spinning a new rig hahaha. But in all honestly I would feel more safe on the water with my little guy in that boat than the decks on my Triton. Are most guys rigging with a Verado, personally love my ProXS but I have never been out in a boat with a verado. Any major differences?
    My father is loving the idea of trading in for the Lund, he loves a softer riding boat, and I am assuming the Lund 1875 will ride higher and softer than my 18 foot Triton. Funny 10 yrs ago it was speed and agility, now it's ride and safety.

15. Banned
    A big part of the reason I chose the boat that I did is the seating. I fish with both my son and my elderly father and dad needs room for his stuff as well as needing to sit while he fishes. 3 across seating wouldn't cut it. When the 3 of us fish together, my son and I are on the bow deck and dad has the back to himself. As far as the motor, I have a ProXS. Didn't want to pay the premium price for the Vrod, I think it was another $2500. The nice things about the Vrod are no remote oil tank so that's extra storage. Connected to the Smartcraft gauge package, you have the ability to fine tune the motor speed if you are pulling lures behind the boat. There is an electronic hotfoot for the Vrod. The Vrod will be quieter. You can't go wrong with either

I have the 1875 XS with a 150 four stroke on it and I absolutely love it!
    Wife and I made a 40 mile run (20 there and back), half tank of gas, all my gear and live well half full... ran 3300 RPM at 30.5 MPH both ways and the fuel gauge may have moved the width of the needle. I only have two complaints with it - the main seats need to be height adjustable and it's costing me a fortune tying to take advantage of all the storage!
    Mike
    ---------------------------
    If it has whipped cream and chocolate drizzles on it, it’s dessert. Grow up and get a coffee damnit

17. Member
    The storage in the 1875 Pro V Bass is insane. You will not find a sub 19 foot boat with more storage than what they have on this rig. The increased depth from the Pro V hull really makes for some monstrous boxes, if you get caught in a really bad storm you could ride it out in the rod box. It is a really hard choice for me cause I have always wanted a glass bass boat, but this one model keeps pulling at me. It is an incredible boat. The only problem for me is that it wont fit in the garage without turning it, just a few inches too long even with the swing tongue, but maybe it wouldn't have to turn much.

Wish I could get the guys at the boat shop to bring one over to the house and test fit it in the garage...

18. Banned
    A local guy picked up a 2075 Pro v bass after selling his ranger. Regrets the move, it's a slug and can barly hit 55 mph with the 250 opti. Then again he is a tournament guy. I think the 1875 is a better buy, still lots of storage and should see mid 50's. I wouldn't get it with anything less then 200.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    A local guy picked up a 2075 Pro v bass after selling his ranger. Regrets the move, it's a slug and can barly hit 55 mph with the 250 opti. Then again he is a tournament guy. I think the 1875 is a better buy, still lots of storage and should see mid 50's. I wouldn't get it with anything less then 200.
    If someone wants a fishing machine, the Lund is it. If they want a go fast boat, they should look elsewhere. Frankly, going fast is only needed for time management. It's not like there's a 100 boat tournament with only one spot to fish with the first guy who gets there fishes and the rest wait their turn. Now, I know there are some impoundments that have spots that can potentially produce fish all day BUT that is the exception and not the norm. Cashing checks consistently requires spending time researching and fishing and more often than not, hitting multiple spots.

20. Member
    Boat is more than speed to me, my 18ft Triton tops at 60-61, guessing the 1875 will see similar numbers with a 200. To me its the quality of ride and peace of mind switching to tin provides me. Plus the amount of storage and usable space inside an aluminum compared to a glass boat. I would agree the 2075 is no speed machine, but I would put that ride against any glass bass boat. I'm no longer a go fast guy, as I normally fish with my father and soon with my son once he gets a little older. We all have different reasons and things we want out of boats, I would not expect a Lund and Ranger to hold the same qualities in either ride or performance. If you want agility and speed go with a glass machine. If you wanna have a pure fishing machine for the family then my money is with the Lund.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast