Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    [QUOTE I've had two 80lb thrusts. Never a problem with the motor itself, only the noisy mount
    That noise never appeared on either until after a full season of hard use including raising the motor all the way up for running shallow and fishing in choopy conditions with the motor in its normal position.

This has been my experience with three different Fortex's. Noisy brackets will generally start 12 months from purchase date.

2. Member
    TTT- Anyone else experience issues with a newer foretrex?

3. Member
    ‘Noisy brackets will generally start 12 months from purchase date.”
    Is this somewhat common noisy bracket noise tolerable to fish or not really ?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    [QUOTE I've had two 80lb thrusts. Never a problem with the motor itself, only the noisy mount
    That noise never appeared on either until after a full season of hard use including raising the motor all the way up for running shallow and fishing in choopy conditions with the motor in its normal position.

This has been my experience with three different Fortex's. Noisy brackets will generally start 12 months from purchase date.
    This is 100% on point. I have had three Fortrex's and the brackets all got noisy almost one year from the purchase. I replaced the "knuckles" on some of them with some temporary success on bracket noise.

The motor itself is a beast.

5. Member
    Only problem with a Fortrex that I have is that I can't find a used one for sale near me here in Ontario...so, if anyone has an 80 lb 45 inch lying around, I don't mind a good drive......

6. Member
    So the question is —the mount gets noisy but is it tolerable ?
    or is it annoying from a sound standpoint that it annoys you and throws you off and breaks your concentration while fishing??

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    So the question is —the mount gets noisy but is it tolerable ?
    or is it annoying from a sound standpoint that it annoys you and throws you off and breaks your concentration while fishing??

When you change directions it pops, I think it’s an issue when fishing shallow and trying to be stealth as possible.

8. Member
    I believe the noisey bracket has cost me bites in both shallow water and when vertical fishing a target (brush) in deeper water. Can't prove it but the popping is loud enough that they have to hear it. I plan on taking mine to an minn kota ASC spending the $100 to try and solve the noise or at least minimize it. If that doesn't work, I'lol get the Ultrex sooner than I planned. Has anyone seen the noises from the bracket on the Ultrex?

9. Member
    I have had mine for a year and 3 months, no noise yet but i have only made about 30 trips with an average of up and down maybe 8 times a trip. I would try the Ultrex when i am convinced they will hold me on the spot on the spot in 20 MPH sustained wind and 5 to 10 MPH in a swirling wind. I need to find someone in my group of fishing friends and have them show me.

Quote Originally Posted by snookonfly View Post
    I believe the noisey bracket has cost me bites in both shallow water and when vertical fishing a target (brush) in deeper water. Can't prove it but the popping is loud enough that they have to hear it. I plan on taking mine to an minn kota ASC spending the $100 to try and solve the noise or at least minimize it. If that doesn't work, I'lol get the Ultrex sooner than I planned. Has anyone seen the noises from the bracket on the Ultrex?
    Checkout this thread. It worked on my MK. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=853928
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Almost 3 years on mine. No problems yet.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

12. Member
    Ive' had an 80 fortrex since 2013 which has been spot on perfect - zero issues.

13. Member
    Zero issues

14. Member
    4 years I'm using my 36 v 101 fortrex.
    Strong as a bull no issue with it..
    So far is my best TM

15. Member
    I have a 80lb fortrex and a 80# maxxum that are 3 or 4 years old and other than a broken deploy rope I have had no issues. I also have a new 80lb fortrex that came on my new Ranger RT 198P that I will be selling to upgrade to an Ultrex. The 80 lb Maxxum will also be for sale but came off my Crestliner so it has a long shaft.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123