Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oznium Bolt Light spacing and Dimmer

I am going to order the 11mm Bolt lights from Oznium I have a Skeeter ZX185 and I was wondering how many I need to order. How far is everyone spacing them out on their front deck? How many do I need for the rear deck ? Do you use a dimmer if so which one ?
    Thanks

2. Member
    I used 6 on the front deck, 3 on each side spaced evenly. I used 4 on the rear deck. I also put one in the recessed foot pedal area up front and one under the seats to light up the floor. I use the remote control dimmer that Oznium sells. It includes 2 remotes and works great.

3. Member
    Thanks Chuck H, Do you have any pictures

4. Member
    I used 4 on each side of the front and 2 on each side of the back but I have a bigger boat. 3 should work good on your boat. Really 3 would work good on any boat, they're pretty bright.20170126_194701.jpg

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    here is pics of dim and bright
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Johnnie, no I don't have any pictures. I have a 21 foot boat and the numbers I gave you work great. When I'm night fishing, I dim them all the way down. The only time I have them full bright is in the mornings waiting for blast off. I have 11mm red.

7. Member
    Thanks guys for all the information. I was wondering which one you prefer with or without a lens ? I like how without the lens it is more flush looking and when turned on there isn't any dark areas between lights and I like how the ones with the lens projects out further.

8. Member
    It's personal preference but I will tell you, you can knock the lens out of the lights. You can glue them right back in but they can be knocked out.

9. Member
    I concur with kry29...I knocked off 2 installing them today..a siliconed back up

10. Member
    any close ups of them installed in the daytime without the lights on. Want to see how flush they are.

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    any close ups of them installed in the daytime without the lights on. Want to see how flush they are.
    these are the 3w stainless steel, the aluminium are flusher on the edges
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Do most of you guys that run those ozniums always put 4+ on each side of the front deck? are 2-3 per side not bright enough? I've got a couple buddies that run those rigids and just have 2 on each side and the light the whole thing up like Christmas. You can see everything.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duracraftman View Post
    Do most of you guys that run those ozniums always put 4+ on each side of the front deck? are 2-3 per side not bright enough? I've got a couple buddies that run those rigids and just have 2 on each side and the light the whole thing up like Christmas. You can see everything.
    all the brands are very bright and usually need a dimer. how many is personal preference, but 3 will do the job with what ever brand you choose.
    info@drewcraft.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    all the brands are very bright and usually need a dimer. how many is personal preference, but 3 will do the job with what ever brand you choose.
    +1 At night, 2 on each side will still need a dimmer more than likely. They are all very bright.

20170811_001141_crop_640x640.jpg20170811_001213_crop_640x640.jpg

2016 Skeeter ZX 225, I only used 3 and you WILL need the dimmer.

16. Member
    I have these also with he dimmer, the dimmer is a must the LED’s are bright without the dimmer. The challenge is the gauge of the wiring. I soldered all of the connections and shrink wrapped them for a neat and strong connection.

It’s in my opinion one of the best LED lighting setups for the bass boats. Just make sure you use the size drill bit they tell you on the website. There is not much meat on the head of the Bolt LED’s.

Rob

17. Member
    Did anyone use a 7/16" drill bit ?
    Last edited by jlinmo226068; 11-17-2017 at 04:44 PM.

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I always use a metric bit for better fit but sometimes I install them with out the nuts on the back and just use silicone
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    I cannot seem to find a 11 mm bit locally and I think I will be able to use the nut on all of them I have a Skeeter

20. Member
    I laid them out tonight using a 9 volt battery I have two questions. Will they be brighter hooked to the battery than they were with the 9 volt ? Is 20" too close to each other ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast