Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlinmo226068 View Post
    I laid them out tonight using a 9 volt battery I have two questions. Will they be brighter hooked to the battery than they were with the 9 volt ? Is 20" too close to each other ?
    yes brighter and 20" is fine
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    They will be brighter with 12 volts. I did not use the metric drill bit but I also have a drill bit set that is down to 64ths so I got pretty dang tight fit. Close is a matter of preference. I like the look more than the function lol so if 20" looks the best, that what I would go with

3. Member
    Are the 3 watt too bright? And worth the xtra $$? Could one go with 3 3watts or 4 1watts per side? And still need the dimmer?
    Which color is best for night vision? I am undecided between red or green, maybe a different color would be better. The blue leds I see around town bug my eyes out.

thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    the 3 watt are stainless steel and have heavier wire, either 1 watt or 3 watt needs a dimer if you are going to fish at night. I have always used red for night vision but I also have a burgundy boat, they say green is also good.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    Definitely need a dimmer no matter what way you go. A very dim blue may not be bad at night but most people like red better

6. Member
    Thanks, what about lens or without lens? Does one or the other throw more light?

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    without is a wider spread and with is more of a spot

I believe kry29 has lens, look at his blue picture and mine are the red with out
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Mine have the lens. The lens is a little more focused as you can see in the pics but I honestly don't think it matters at night when they're on. Either will put out enough light. One thing with the lens, you can knock them out. I had one come out when I was installing mine and they sent me a new one no questions. You can super glue them back in pretty easy also. I haven't knocked any out while dishonor since installing them so they aren't that bad. I know I've hit them with a rod or my foot a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by jlinmo226068 View Post
    I cannot seem to find a 11 mm bit locally and I think I will be able to use the nut on all of them I have a Skeeter
    You can purchase an 11mm bit directly from Oznium.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    Keep in mind... your height off the deck plays a role in the "pattern" of the light... connect one to a 9v and raise and lower it near the deck.... just verify it before you start drilling :)

11. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I prefer a bit like this with a starter point https://www.amazon.com/Alfa-Tools-BP...11mm+drill+bit
    info@drewcraft.com

12. Member
    Is it a good idea to get the stainless ones vs just the aluminum ones? Is it wort the extra money? Is it necessary?

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidikus View Post
    Is it a good idea to get the stainless ones vs just the aluminum ones? Is it wort the extra money? Is it necessary?
    the stainless are much brighter but most of us keep them dimmed anyway, I guess they would be considered more heavy duty, the wire is heaver and has an outer jacket,
    the aluminium will actually look better if you are wanting them to be a flush as possible, its mostly personal preference I have installed many of them also and not had and issues but I have seen some of the black ones with the color wearing off.
    info@drewcraft.com

So does everyone on here use the 1watt or 3 watt, the people that papered pictures in here, can you please tell me if those are 1 or 3 watt. Thanks

Aluminum
    1 watt
    6mm
    No dimmer

16. Member
    How high did everyone put there 11mm bolts off the deck(black strip) ?
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

17. Member
    Lights look good guys

18. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crankbaitpete View Post
    How high did everyone put there 11mm bolts off the deck(black strip) ?
    mine is 1" to center
    Attached Images Attached Images
    info@drewcraft.com

19. Member
    Thanks Andrew
    2014 Phoenix 721
    250 SHO

20. Member
    Mine are up more than 1". I think 1" would be better really

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast