Thread: new prop

new prop

I have a Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS in a 19 pitch on my tin rig. I am able to turn it about 6200 rpm on my factory tach. I am looking to go at least a 1' or two bigger. Want to bring my rpm down some. Anybody have any experience with this prop and how it compares to say a 20 or 21 inch Tempest Plus. Boat is a 2012 Crestliner VT17 with a 2013 Merc 75 four stroke with a Simons tune to about a 115.

2. Member
    You probably have a small gear case 4.25" and a tempest won't work on your motor since it needs a large case 4.75". If the prop runs okay send it to Mark Croxton and have him make it a 20".

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    I have a Michigan Wheel Apollo XHS in a 19 pitch on my tin rig. I am able to turn it about 6200 rpm on my factory tach. I am looking to go at least a 1' or two bigger. Want to bring my rpm down some. Anybody have any experience with this prop and how it compares to say a 20 or 21 inch Tempest Plus. Boat is a 2012 Crestliner VT17 with a 2013 Merc 75 four stroke with a Simons tune to about a 115.
    Oops meant to type LazerII not Tempest Plus. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Member
    Most laser II need work to run right so you have to figure on having it worked so a good used one would be ideal.

5. Member
    Most of the guys running a flashed 75 OptiMax 2 stroke are running the Laser II prop with at least a 24pitch. There are several people in the Tin Boat section that have done the flash and are good with information.