Guntersville or Pickwick?

Was thinking of making a trip in the next couple weeks and was wondering which would be the better choice to catch a few in the grass. Thanks for any info.

2. Member
    Guntersville has the grass but bite was slower then normal. Only a few in the mats on frogs most bites were on river channel or smaller grass mat perimeters. Spinnerbait, ribbit frog, spook....thst was over the weekend

3. Member
    We just came back from Gville, caught a few on the frog back in coves under the grass but most of the bites came in the mouth or on main river next to a mouth in 7-8 feet of water. No good fish for me but was still a fun time.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

4. Member
    Nitro88....did you put in at seibold? Seen Nitro trailer behind a Chevy?

If they arent biting in the mats back out and fish edges with ribbit or toad, that bite was pretty good this weekend. Din't get a bite punching but that should be the deal if the sun is out. Gville has way more grass right now imo.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro88 View Post
    We just came back from Gville, caught a few on the frog back in coves under the grass but most of the bites came in the mouth or on main river next to a mouth in 7-8 feet of water. No good fish for me but was still a fun time.
    He has a HUGE silver Chevy... Compensating lololol

7. Member
    With all the parts from Summit racing catalog?lol. I parked by him Saturday and sunday

Our club didnt do too bad but it was tough. I found a mat at the mouth of Jones creek that had some good fish in it. I ended up in 4th and our fish came from scattered grass under the surface. Swam a Cut-R worm and chatterbait. Did manage a frog fish everyday, it just wasn't consistant enough to stay with.