Thread: Cross lake

Cross lake

So I made the All American as a co-angler on Cross Lake. What can I expect the first week of June?

2. Member
    Lots of pleasure boaters. For me, Cross is either hit or miss as far as catching fish. One day you can load the boat, the next day you will get skunked. Its a good fishery, and there are some really big fish in it, its just never my first choice with all of the other lakes around here.

3. Member
    Thanks Nutt, are there a lot of fish in the 12-14 slot? whats the predominate way to fish flippin and pitchin?

4. Member
    team houston...don't be afraid to try something different. Several years ago, a large tournament was won there on an old discontinued favorite balsa crankbait of the winner. My brother used to fish there from time to time. One morning, he was wearing them out on a wobble head. I'm talking about the old ones that Cordell once made and then a company in Monroe, LA bought them out. Not sure if they are even made any longer. Anyway, the GW's checked him that morning and told them no one else they had checked had caught anything. Don't be afraid to be different. And good luck.

5. Member
    Thanks preacher.