Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bico and Lead Free Bass Jigs, we have a lead ban here in MA.

2. Member
    Thanks for the kind words! Right now we don't have a jig with the recessed line tie, and it might be a while before we add any new styles. We will be carrying punch rigs in sizes down to 3/8 fairly soon and we will keep the prices affordable like we have done with the jigs! Also the punch rigs will have hand tied skirts on them. Just trying to finalize what colors to go with on the initial launch of the product. These might be a decent alternative to the jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    These are something I'd really like to try, but I'd love to see some with a recessed line tie. We fish an absolute ton of weeds around here and a recessed line tie makes a huge difference in getting through it cleanly.

I know how tungsten is to work with so I'm sure it's a lot easier said than done, but that would get me to buy some! The prices you have on them are excellent.

ACT Lures. BBC sponsor

4. Member
    Shooter

5. Member
    Shooter. Excellent for skipping docks!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticslobra View Post
    Thanks for the kind words! Right now we don't have a jig with the recessed line tie, and it might be a while before we add any new styles. We will be carrying punch rigs in sizes down to 3/8 fairly soon and we will keep the prices affordable like we have done with the jigs! Also the punch rigs will have hand tied skirts on them. Just trying to finalize what colors to go with on the initial launch of the product. These might be a decent alternative to the jigs.
    Punch rigs down to 3/8 is a good idea - not sure I've ever seen them. And those heavy weights can sometimes be overkill when fishing shallower or in stuff that isn't matted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcarriere View Post
    What jigs do you like
    Punch rigs are what I throw most right now. As mystic mentions, they're a good alternative to jigs for fishing in all the weeds. As of now I've been using a punch hub below a flipping weight. I like this for 2 reasons - the first is that the hub protects the knot from the heavy weight laying directly on it. The second is that it's easy to switch out weights without changing the skirt. They also skip well enough, particularly with a lighter weight and when pegged well.

When I'm out of the weeds I throw football jigs and football swing-heads. Board sponsor North Metro Bass Academy makes awesome options in both. Quality hooks, excellent skirts, and I'm not sure what Steve does with the paint, but I've never seen paint hold up as well as his do. I had a swing head of his I threw all day on Mille Lacs dragging it through rocks and the paint still wasn't worn down more than having some scratches. I couldn't believe it.

I need to try some tungsten football jigs though - should be awesome for feeling bottom composition. I'm also thinking you could get away with throwing a lighter size due to the extra sensitivity and smaller profile that allows for a quicker fall with lighter weights.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Member
    You want a jig with a recessed line tie? Throw the Southpaw jig by North Star Custom Jigs --> http://www.northstarbaits.shoppingca...h-paw-jig.html. Throw a 1/2oz-3/4oz on 50-65lb braid on a heavy rod. You want a jig to flip milfoil and coontail? Here you go.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mn_bowhunter; 10-30-2017 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Added link

Ranger z520 // Mercury 250 Pro XS
    12ft BT Talons/112 Ultrex/Hbird 360

I need to try those...I've heard good things from multiple people in this part of the country.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

9. Member
    Did you fish the October river derby? I thought I saw your boat running down river there. Shoot me a PM, and I can give you a few to try.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Punch rigs down to 3/8 is a good idea - not sure I've ever seen them. And those heavy weights can sometimes be overkill when fishing shallower or in stuff that isn't matted.

I need to try some tungsten football jigs though - should be awesome for feeling bottom composition. I'm also thinking you could get away with throwing a lighter size due to the extra sensitivity and smaller profile that allows for a quicker fall with lighter weights.
    I think Strike King has something called a Slither Rig that goes pretty light, but not sure exactly what they offer.

Yes, often times you can get away with a smaller weight when using a tungsten jig due to its smaller size. I have had several customers tell me they can use a 1/2oz football jig instead of 3/4oz when fishing tungsten and say that they cast further with the tungsten due to less resistance in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    Did you fish the October river derby? I thought I saw your boat running down river there. Shoot me a PM, and I can give you a few to try.
    That was me, getting my butt kicked and not taking the "fish for largemouth" hint after losing one that hit a swim jig right at the boat, catching an almost-4 lber, and not getting anywhere on the smallmouth.

I'll shoot you a PM.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

12. Member
    Dirty jigs or missile jigs Ike flip out and mini are one best out there

13. Member
    For flippin the Medlock jig and Gambler double weed guard. Dirty jigs for almost everything else.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mn_bowhunter View Post
    You want a jig with a recessed line tie? Throw the Southpaw jig by North Star Custom Jigs --> http://www.northstarbaits.shoppingca...h-paw-jig.html. Throw a 1/2oz-3/4oz on 50-65lb braid on a heavy rod. You want a jig to flip milfoil and coontail? Here you go.

By far the best grass jig I have used up here. It will just pull through the grass pretty easily, but snapping it and it comes out clean and gets a lot of fish. Best part is the hook doesn't bend out and I have lost far less fish on it for some reason, head design maybe gets through the mouth easier and doesn't "pop" their mouth open on a hookset since it is more of a bullet shape with that recessed line tie. Not sure why but I lost a lot more fish before going to this jig. 1/2oz southpaw all day for everyday use in the milfoil and coontail.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kstephes033 View Post
    By far the best grass jig I have used up here. It will just pull through the grass pretty easily, but snapping it and it comes out clean and gets a lot of fish. Best part is the hook doesn't bend out and I have lost far less fish on it for some reason, head design maybe gets through the mouth easier and doesn't "pop" their mouth open on a hookset since it is more of a bullet shape with that recessed line tie. Not sure why but I lost a lot more fish before going to this jig. 1/2oz southpaw all day for everyday use in the milfoil and coontail.
    What colors do you siggest from them for our lakes here

16. Member
    You can't go wrong with a green pumpkin variation for clearer water, and black/blue for more stained to dirty water.

17. Scraps
    Anything under $3 apiece.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

18. Member
    Frogger, rotten banana, pbj, black and blue. Those are the only colors I used, mainly the frogger and rotten banana.

19. Member
    New Outkast RTX jigs have worked well for me this year!

20. Member
    Nemesis baits upskirt jigs
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast