Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. T Dub
    The bullseye has roughly 8 1/2” from grates to center of lid. Not sure how tall a big turkey sits, but you could easily “spatchcock” a larger turkey on there. We’ll probably try a smaller turkey soon as practice for next Holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    Just got the Rec TEC Bullseye and I love it so far! My wife and I were torn between the new mini or the bullseye and decided since we mostly cook fast dinners after work rather than slow cooks, the bullseye would be better for us. It cooks hot and fast great - we’ve done burgers, shrimp, and bacon that were all phenomenal. And it can do low and slow cooks - I smoked a whole bologna yesterday that turned out awesome. Tomorrow we will try our first rack of baby backs.
    They make some awesome products. I love my RT 680. We cook everything on it.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T Dub View Post
    The bullseye has roughly 8 1/2” from grates to center of lid. Not sure how tall a big turkey sits, but you could easily “spatchcock” a larger turkey on there. We’ll probably try a smaller turkey soon as practice for next Holiday season.
    What did you learn about the size turkey that will fit?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

4. T Dub
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    What did you learn about the size turkey that will fit?
    Still haven’t tried a turkey I need to remember to buy one and try it one weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bhougham View Post
    Does cooking burgers and dogs on a pellet grill have a smoky flavor or is that just on the lower heat settings?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    On a Pit Boss,you can open up the deflector plate and flame grill them over the fire pot. Smoke them for 45 minutes, then open the deflector and flame them at 350. They are fantastic!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    Got to agree with you after having mine for a while now , I can say I now cook the best ribs I have ever ate .
    I agree!! Cooked a rack of baby backs and a pack of country style today on my new pellet grill.. awesome!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolarrow2 View Post
    I agree!! Cooked a rack of baby backs and a pack of country style today on my new pellet grill.. awesome!!

I was thinking about country style ribs also. How long did you cook them?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

8. Member
    3 hours, 1.5 @ 225. Sealed them in a tin foil pan , 1.5 @ 180. Super tender and moist. Nothing but lemon pepper on them.

In my experience the pellet grill makes for REALLY good burgers. I've got a Louisiana Grill, so I start them off at low temp 225-245 for some smoky flavour and then open up the grate for a direct flame at 500+ F to finish them off. Takes a little longer, but the results are worth it. Delicious!

The only downside - cost. Running the grill (mine anyway, LG800) at higher temps eats the pellets FAST. I'm cheap lol, so that's the main reason I still use the propane grill quite often, especially on the weeknights when we're in a hurry and a "fast food" type burger is all I'm after.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12