Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any Lynx owners out there?

I am looking to get a basscat as my next boat and the Lynx is currently my number one choice. However I have yet to see one in person. I went to my closest dealer and they will contact me if they get one coming through so I can have a look-see.

I really like the design of the Lynx front storage....or at least I think I do?! The idea of being able to lay some rods down without interfering too badly with side storage seems great. Also the angular center rod storage looks like a no brainer. However, I'd love some opinions from owners out there.

Aside from 250hp Outboard capacity... my next priority is storage layout. I come from having owned 2 premium rangers in the past and I loved them. I have never had center rod storage, but I think I'd like it.

EDIT:
    To clarify, my concern wasn't with the boats handling as I am aware of how well it performs on the water. My main concern is the storage setup on the boat. I am a tackle junky and organization and practicality of storage space is critical to my decision making at this point. I have no experience with this storage system and no one does unless they own the Lynx. It's just a different style than anything else out there currently.
    Last edited by QuarrySlayer; 10-24-2017 at 06:00 PM.

QuarrySlayer,

At this time Lynx models are spread out with production being fresh and most are sold retail. We will get some details and begin trying to assist you.

The factory does does have a demo model they are keeping for this. They could have sold it numerous times in the last month though they need one at the factory for demonstrations.

BCB

3. Banned
    I think BassCat is doing very well with the new models, I klnow my local dealer has several boats sold and being built. I think the Lynx will be hard to find for a while yet. I was amazed at how much bigger the new Pantera Classic looks than my old model.

4. Member
    Look at this for a review from a Lynx owner.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=853306

5. Member
    I rode in the Prototype Lynx on Mille Lacs. It is the real deal. While I didn't bring a rod and do any casting Ivan took me and my son out for a ride. Smooth boat on big water. The storage layout was awesome on the prototype boat and I know they made a few enhancements from it to the production models. I have a video on youtube of the ride out there. If I were in the market for a big boat, the Lynx would be number one on the list.

Here is the video link on the Lynx page from the www.BassCat.com site.

7. Member
    Mine is on order!
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

8. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Sherm, at Sherm's Marine, has the Lynx that was at the dealers meeting. He was going to try to keep it for a while, so folks could see it. I don't know if he has sold it yet or not. I have the center rod box on my Caracal. I like it much better than the tradition alrid storage on the side.

9. Member
    To clarify, my concern wasn't with the boats handling as I am aware of how well it performs on the water. My main concern is the storage setup on the boat. I am a tackle junky and organization and practicality of storage space is critical to my decision making at this point. I have no experience with this storage system and no one does unless they own the Lynx. It's just a different style than anything else out there currently.

10. Member
    I will have to give them a call in the morning to see if they still have it! Thanks for heads up. I'm just outside chicago and I went to the dealer in Wisconsin while I was up that way for a fishing trip. Both dealers are almost exactly equal distance from me. I'll definitely be making a drive out to Wabash IN if it's still there.
    Quote Originally Posted by billius View Post
    Sherm, at Sherm's Marine, has the Lynx that was at the dealers meeting. He was going to try to keep it for a while, so folks could see it. I don't know if he has sold it yet or not. I have the center rod box on my Caracal. I like it much better than the tradition alrid storage on the side.

It is still located in Indiana we believe.

BCB

12. Member
    All of us anglers have been asking for this rig for years! Looks great.

13. Member
    Sherm still has it. I was there on Friday and spent some time looking it over.

14. Member
    I stopped at Sherm's today to have a look at the Lynx. I have made my decision. The front storage is going to work out great for me. One thing I can say is pictures do not do it justice. The size of the storage containers are much larger than they appear in photos. That middle rod locker is MASSIVE in person.

My couple gripes with the Lynx is the front starboard box(closest to the trolling motor) is not deep enough to vertically stack 3700 size boxes. It can however fit several laying flat side by side and on top of eachother. Why they didn't drop that box a inch or more is beyond me. It's so close to fitting a vertical 3700 as it is.

The other goofy thing I notice with basscats is there is no OH SHIT handle(technical term) for the passenger if no console is installed. On the lynx especially there is TONS of room for an OH SHIT handle without a passenger side console installed.

Neither of those two things are going to stop me from getting a Lynx as my next boat.

15. Member
    When you get to the front right box the boat it self is not deep enough to do that, I am not aware of any brand boat that will have boxes that far forward that will hold 3700 boxes. I have looked at the Lynx and until now I had not noticed the OH Sh$%t handles was not there, but I won't own a boat with out duel consoles. Good luck tho when you get your Lynx
    Last edited by Phoenix 921; 10-26-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Glad you got to see the Lynx in person.

Not being defensive, you have brought up one they want to fix in the grab handle and they haven't found what they are after. If they do they will make that change instantly. They have tried a lot of options and most are cumbersome, located wrong or have a possibility to cause harm to the rider in rough water.

The Plano depth is well covered and the hull is really close and there is no extra inch. Only raising an already deep stepping deck would give you enough room. Then the already tall step would be deeper.

Again, thank you for taking time to drop by Sherm's.

BCB

17. Member
    The boat is awesome. I agree that the pictures do not do the overall storage and layout justice.

18. Member
    Quarry, just use 3600s in the front box if you want to have them stacked up. They'll fit the way you want.

19. Member
    Ya I had planned on it, thats assuming my OCD will allow it. Not a fan of 3600 size boxes typically.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Quarry, just use 3600s in the front box if you want to have them stacked up. They'll fit the way you want.

20. Member
    I saw a brand new lynx at the bass cat tournament at lake fork. One of the problems was the center storage lid. Apperantly it was binding with the lid on the port side. The dealer that had the boat there had to open the port lid close the center lid then close the port lid. The dealer said it’s a known problem and they are trying to find a fix. Apperantly it’s because of the dual gas shocks on the front of the lid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast