Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I did notice that the center locker was a tad "funky" feeling when I opened it. Its an extremely heavy piece especially when you factor in the metal dual 3700 box holder that hangs from the underside, and when you actually put full boxes in it. The dual gas shocks seem to struggle with it in early stage of opening but then take over at about halfway. I was curious why they ran dual shocks at the far end which is also the narrowest and lightest end. I assume they didnt want a shock at the wider end to avoid interfering with reels at the butt end of the rod holder?

The boat I looked at was a demo boat and it had signs of abuse to show it. The rod locker closed fine on that one w/o having to open port storage to get it to lay down like you explained. Either way I am sure basscat will recall/fix any issues that come up

Quote Originally Posted by 7kbar View Post
    I saw a brand new lynx at the bass cat tournament at lake fork. One of the problems was the center storage lid. Apperantly it was binding with the lid on the port side. The dealer that had the boat there had to open the port lid close the center lid then close the port lid. The dealer said it’s a known problem and they are trying to find a fix. Apperantly it’s because of the dual gas shocks on the front of the lid.

2. Member
    Bump... Did Lynx ever get a passenger grab handle? Pretty important imo. I want to finally custom order my Lynx in the next few months for the 2019 season. No passenger grab handle is a huge negative.

3. Member
    My passengers just use the aluminum handle on the side.

4. Member
    Bass Cat boats are just bad a$$ period! I was at Sherm's yesterday and the Cougar really caught my eye. I am currently in a SkeeterZX 250 and the Bass Cat is so much more quality detailed and built strong. Getting really close to trading. Don't get me wrong, my Skeeter has been a great boat, but doesn't compare to Bass Cat. I wonder why more pro anglers aren't running them?

5. Member
    Bass Cat boats are just bad a$$ period! I was at Sherm's yesterday and the Cougar really caught my eye. I am currently in a SkeeterZX 250 and the Bass Cat is so much more quality detailed and built strong. Getting really close to trading. Don't get me wrong, my Skeeter has been a great boat, but doesn't compare to Bass Cat. I wonder why more pro anglers aren't running Bass Cat?

Professional anglers are usually endorsed, or many are looking for their best deal. Some of the ones we have like Zack Birge and Travis Fox have run Bass Cat since youth, as does Billy Mac, and then we have Gerald Sporher. We have very few anglers we add and endorse and we are not really looking to just add numbers, though quality in many aspects. We have some that’s started their careers here and then returned, others who found Home with us. Every one is special and we have Crews, Iaconelli, Feider, Card, Kennedy, Sprague, Upshaw, Osborne, Chapman, Dobson, Ocamica, Dillard, Short, Avena, Latuso, Pipkens, Wiggins and we are sure a few more we overlooked on both Tours. That’s 20 anglers overall and we may add some and we may not.

One of our competitors now has dozens of boats on a mid level tour, though when polls were completed of several events the non boater retail segment has very few of that brand. Those endorsing the brands are compensated somehow and resale will be more jeopardized by the numbers of units sold annually from those compensated units.

7. Member
    Interesting, these boats are too notch! I have ran several other brands and by far these are top of the line. Couldn't believe the quality. I will be trading soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12