scope information needed for 77/22 ruger rifle

scope information needed for ruger 77/22 rifle what what be the best or a good scope for this gun no shooting over 100 yards,i am going to buy one thanks

2. Member
    Great rimfire rifle. You will get a lot of opinions and none of them are wrong. Personally I would go with a decent quality 2-7X32. Nothing cheap but not too expensive either. Just a nice $150-300 scope.

Check out Nikon scopes ..

4. Member
    i was thinking about a leupold vx-2 3-9x33 but was not for sure its what i needed , thanks guys for the help

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    i was thinking about a leupold vx-2 3-9x33 but was not for sure its what i needed , thanks guys for the help
    That would be an excellent choice IMO.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    +1

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    +1

That's my favorite all-around scope in my price range and I esp. like the generous eye relief. I'm sure you'd do also do well with a Nikon or Vortex but I don't own any. Pick a scope and Google the reviews for any known issues.

8. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post

+1 You can't go wrong with that scope GREAT CHOICE!

9. Member
    The cross hair on that scope might be a little too large/thick for 22 LR rifle work. Leupold does make 2 x 7 x 33 scope just for rim fire rifles. It has much thinner reticle that wont cover as much of the target. You made a great choice in rifles!
    Phillip "Wade" Norris
    2015 Ranger Z520C
    250 Merc Optimax Pro XS (S# 2B113454)
    25P Fury - 4 blade all holes open

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater Bass View Post
    The cross hair on that scope might be a little too large/thick for 22 LR rifle work. Leupold does make 2 x 7 x 33 scope just for rim fire rifles. It has much thinner reticle that wont cover as much of the target. You made a great choice in rifles!
    maybe i need to look into the 2x7x33 scope it has a bushnell 3x9x32 but it just seems like a real cheap scope (i gave a guy 325.00 for the gun) i have a rem 223 with a leupold 3x9x40 that i have never shot but i decided i would enjoy the ruger 77/22 better so i am going that way

11. Member
    Plain old BSA
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

12. Member
    Here you go. The Leupold 2-7x33 is on sale for 139.99 at Cabela's, with free shipping. I read on another site that today (well, yesterday now CT) Cabela's would give you another 10% or so off of it. Not sure you will find it any cheaper for a new one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/barga...9.uts?slotId=0

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Here you go. The Leupold 2-7x33 is on sale for 139.99 at Cabela's, with free shipping. I read on another site that today (well, yesterday now CT) Cabela's would give you another 10% or so off of it. Not sure you will find it any cheaper for a new one.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/barga...9.uts?slotId=0
    i am really thinking about a rimfire scope and this is not a rimfire,good price thanks for information

14. Member
    Whatever you get make sure its got an adjustable objective so you can shoot accurately at shorter ranges than a centerfire scope.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    Whatever you get make sure its got an adjustable objective so you can shoot accurately at shorter ranges than a centerfire scope.
    thanks for the help guys,thats why i am going with a rimfire scope for the shorter ranges,i think i am going to end up with about $800.00 in a 22 rifle,i am going to sell my 223 and just shoot the 22 mostly thanks again for the help

16. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have that rifle. It is what I trained my son's with before I let them shoot a centerfire.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!