Looking for a fishing trip on 11/5

I will be in Jupiter on 11/5 visiting my son and DIL. He (age 36) wants to bass fish one day. Instead of fishing in the ponds in their gated community, he looking into to renting a boat at Roland Martin's Marina on Okeechobee. The problem is that he and I have been on the lake before and have only seen it from from 30,000 feet! We'd spend the whole day just trying to get from one place to another. Is anyone in the area willing to give us a ride on Okeechobee or any other lake within 1-1/2 hours of Jupiter on 11/5? We'd be glad to pay for your gas.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

2. Member
    Forget the bass. Go Snook fishing. There's a lot of snook right there in Jupiter. Google "Snook 101" and "Snook 102".

Thanks for the info. But, my son wants to go for bass.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I'd love to help you out but I'm out of town that weekend. There's some good guides on the north end out of Garrards and Fast Break. I don't know who's guiding out of Fishing Headquarters these days, but with that full moon you should find some spawners.

I've got a 2 day on Big O that weekend.....

I'm in the Inverness area and would take you but it's a hike for you and the fishing here sucks. At least for me.

7. Member
    +1 on Garrards or Fast Break in Okeechobee (North side). Probably a shorter/easier drive than Clewiston from Jupiter also.

Looks like we’re going to a more remote pond within my son’s gated community. Roads were put in, ponds/canals dug, and then the 2008 housing market crashed. The only thing done with this area is occasionally brush hogging the grass. There has to be some big bass in those waters.