cell phone game cameras

Hey fella's- These things have been out for a while now. I read in another post where some of you are using them and I'd like more specifics.
    Brand
    Model
    Other things to consider?
    Getting a signal should not be an issue on my property.
    Thanks in advance.

https://www.trailcampro.com/

They test them all. Check it out.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    I just ordered the spypoint link Evo I am anxious to get it out to see how it works!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    https://www.trailcampro.com/

They test them all. Check it out.
    I will. Thanks

5. Member
    Just got my link evo last night took me a while to get it set up and running but alot of that is my techy inability. So far it is working as it supposed too with the phone app. I bought it to send me daily pictures at a set time of my duck pond 3 hours away. When the mallards show up I know when To schedule my vacation.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

I have 5 HCO Spartan Cameras. 1 Original SR1 left and 4 GoCam's. If I had to do it over again, I would buy another brand. Every camera I've had, with the exception of the last one I bought, the first one I bought, and the last one that was recently replaced, have been sent back for issues. They advertise a 2 year warranty, but I am yet to get back the same camera I sent in to be repaired.They call me and tell me that it's not repairable and they'll send me the next current model for $150. I've gotten 4 years out of 1 camera and still have it. The rest last about 2 years. So, the whole reason you get these cameras is so you don't have to keep going in to check cards. Kind of defeats the purpose if you keep having to go in and out to get broken cameras. Usually I don't and just wait until I go in to hunt. I have one I sent back to HCO on October 10th. I sent a message this morning asking for an update. The only response I received was that it is in the Que to be repaired. The original cameras were much better than the GoCams. The original cameras would be the "add a line for $9.99" on your current cell phone plan. They did not use any data. The new GoCam models, you have to buy a separate data plan through att.com/buyasession. I find they are slower than the originals as well and the motion sensor is not as consistent. It'll work as it should sometimes, but other times, I can go fill a feeder or shoot a deer then track directly in front of the camera and not one picture snaps. Also they do not operate well in drastic temperature changes, such as a rapid drop in temperature. This is my experience with them anyway in South Louisiana.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    I have 5 HCO Spartan Cameras. 1 Original SR1 left and 4 GoCam's. If I had to do it over again, I would buy another brand. Every camera I've had, with the exception of the last one I bought, the first one I bought, and the last one that was recently replaced, have been sent back for issues. They advertise a 2 year warranty, but I am yet to get back the same camera I sent in to be repaired.They call me and tell me that it's not repairable and they'll send me the next current model for $150. I've gotten 4 years out of 1 camera and still have it. The rest last about 2 years. So, the whole reason you get these cameras is so you don't have to keep going in to check cards. Kind of defeats the purpose if you keep having to go in and out to get broken cameras. Usually I don't and just wait until I go in to hunt. I have one I sent back to HCO on October 10th. I sent a message this morning asking for an update. The only response I received was that it is in the Que to be repaired. The original cameras were much better than the GoCams. The original cameras would be the "add a line for $9.99" on your current cell phone plan. They did not use any data. The new GoCam models, you have to buy a separate data plan through att.com/buyasession. I find they are slower than the originals as well and the motion sensor is not as consistent. It'll work as it should sometimes, but other times, I can go fill a feeder or shoot a deer then track directly in front of the camera and not one picture snaps. Also they do not operate well in drastic temperature changes, such as a rapid drop in temperature. This is my experience with them anyway in South Louisiana.
    Wow, this sounds discouraging. I would have thought the "glitches" would have been worked out by now.
    The functionality of my $100 moultries has been great. I think some of them are 5 or 6 years old by now.
    Thanks for sharing your experience.

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    My hco has me locked out. It worked great for one year.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

9. Member
    I have 2 spartan, 2 moultrie, 2 covert. The moultrie has been my favorite by far
    2003 Stroker with 2014 SHO
    2012 21RDC Bullet with 2016 SHO

10. Member
    Loving my link evo so far!
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

Just an update... Still do not have my camera back in working condition. I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HCO SPARTAN. They have terrible customer appreciation and service.

12. Member
    Loving my spypoint battery life good, pic quality good, I'd buy another. Infact got my first pic of neighbor driving thru my farm this morning. Called another neighbor to have him go get him off my property.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    Ultrex 112

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Just an update... Still do not have my camera back in working condition. I WOULD NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HCO SPARTAN. They have terrible customer appreciation and service.
    I agree
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

14. Member
    Yeah after some more research, I came to the conclusion Id like to give one spypoint a try next year.

Take the HCO Spartan cameras out the swamp I hunt and the big bucks come out lol. I killed this 11 point 12-9-17 without the camera. I would love to be an anti HCO spokesman lol. I'll be going the Reconyx or SpyPoint route myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    Those cameras must be bad luck too! Nice Chocolate rack buck there.

Ha ha it seems like. The dark horns are pretty common where I hunt. I guess the cypress trees stain them up like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwrfish View Post
    Those cameras must be bad luck too! Nice Chocolate rack buck there.