Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chili with beans

and not just one kind. Was craving some homemade chili and decided to add both kidney and pinto beans. Turned out to be a winner for me and the wife. Today may be a curse for my workers sitting close to me though.

Let the bean debate begin.

2. Banned
    No debate. I'm fine with however you make your chili

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Your version of chili so your choice. Personally I add no beans at all when I make it.

Your chili, your way. I did a batch on the smoker Friday. Used Kidney and Black beans with chipotle peppers, onions and green peppers
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

I like it either way. When I use to make a lot of it I used red beans.

6. BBC Fantasy Fishing Organizer BasserJim's Avatar
    You can’t have chili if it doesn’t have beans. The more beans the merrier both in quantity and variety as far as I am concerned

7. Banned
    Anyone here make the Over the Top chilli?

8. Member
    I use a can of kidney beans, a can of red beans and 2 cans of beans in chili sauce. I like all the different beans.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    Your version of chili so your choice. Personally I add no beans at all when I make it.
    That's hot dog chili.

10. Member
    I like beans in my chili. I use white beans and pintos.

11. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Beans in chilli

12. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Beans and lots of them

Dale Sinclair original

13. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    ha ha....rules for the International Chili Society (there actually is such a thing) rules.

1. Traditional Red Chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats,
    cooked with red chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA
    which are strictly forbidden. No garnish is allowed.

2. Chili Verde is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat or combination of meats, cooked
    with green chili peppers, various spices and other ingredients, with the exception of BEANS and PASTA which
    are strictly forbidden. No garnish is allowed.

There are any number of ways to make chili, its the "traditional" Texas chili that has no beans. Adding beans is a more Cincinnati style of making it.

14. Banned
    Treker 47, you may have to depart Texas after having posted this travesty, I'm pretty sure beans and chili don't go together in your area.

15. Member
    I am dealing with the consequences of chili with beans as I write this. Now time time to do a bunch of paperwork.

16. Member
    One of the great things about chili is the day after its made, it kinda takes on a whole different texture and taste. You can actually achieve this same texture and flavor by adding a can of "refried" beans to the mix............it dissolves into the chili and gives it a great taste. I like to cook refried beans inside my grill or smoker prior to adding them to the chili, it gives them a nice smoky flavour!

17. Member
    Here in Cincinnati they add cinnamon in their chili, add spaghetti and shredded cheddar cheese, hence the 3 way chili which is a tristate favorite here, a 4 way is add beans or onions, a 5 way is add both beans and onions, yum!

18. Member
    I use red and dark kidney beans with a small amount of black beans in my chili. When I make chili I will make several gallons at a time and store in the freezer in individual containers. It makes a great and easy evening meal after working all day.

19. Member
    There's chili, which by definition has beans. Then there's some other concoction many mistake for chili.
    GETFISHED !!!

20. Member
    i make with and without but i like it with chili beans,pintos,light kidney,dark kidney black beans and sometimes i throw in corn LOL

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast