can you turn off trim assist?

as the heading asks, can you turn off trim assist? or how does it work? like running 22 mph i need 0 trim, but upwards of 70 it is dependent on conditions and jp setting?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    Trim assist can be deactivated a couple ways. It can be completely disabled by deactivating it on the gauge or with the diagnostic program.

If it is activated in the gauges it still needs to be engaged, It will not be engaged until the engine is trimmed all the way down to 0% and the motor in neutral, if the engine never never reaches this condition the the trim assist will never be engaged and not do anything.

Also any time you touch the trim button it will disengage the trim assist and it will no longer function until you reach the 0% trim and neutral condition.

thanks

4. Member
    It really is a great feature. It is great to just take off and not even worry about needing to touch the trim. But if you really want to hit your top end then you will need to assist.

5. Member
    There are different programs available for the trim assist. They are based on different applications. Ask your dealer to check into to this for you.

Dealer is currently a merc, but I am thinking g2 when my 2015 blows, and I'm sure it's coming soon, hopefully in the next year so I get a new one... but if not g2 is in the lead!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Dealer is currently a merc, but I am thinking g2 when my 2015 blows, and I'm sure it's coming soon, hopefully in the next year so I get a new one... but if not g2 is in the lead!
    You think your merc is on the out?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man