Two large Drain Hoses

The two large hoses that connect thru the hull on the step up what are they draining? One of the fittings on mine is leaking and was curious? Trying to get a wrench on them is going to be a blast. (nevermind, Livewell overflow hose)
    Last edited by Urbanhick; 10-22-2017 at 07:23 AM.

Without knowing boat model I'd guess livewell over flows.

Guess it helps to read the tag line. Still asleep I suppose.
    I got nothin

Any tips on how to remove the hoses from the fittings without cutting them? I need to clean and reseal the surfaces but I can't get the hoses off and cutting them would probably leave them to short.
    PS bilge diving sucks.
    Chuck

4. Banned
    Livewell fill lines do they have a screen on the outside? My over flow goes out the side of the hull not the back. If you look up the hose their should be valves for your open/close. I would think you are safe cutting them just replace all the to the valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Livewell fill lines do they have a screen on the outside? My over flow goes out the side of the hull not the back. If you look up the hose their should be valves for your open/close. I would think you are safe cutting them just replace all the to the valve.
    Overflow hoses drain out at the step up look about 1.5 inches in Dia. Not sure if there is a panel to remove to service the livewell plumbing but when I bypassed the blown out copper tubing in the cooler it was a giant PITA. Had to work thru the bilge vents.

6. Member
    what i do is take the clamp loose and move it out of the way then gently slit a small flat tip driver wetween the hose and fittin and work your way around it. then pull the hose off and then you can get to the fitting to work on it hope this helps