Finally after 5 years

Made it to the lake for the early bite. I guess you know its still in your blood when yo get up at 3:00 and get to the water an hour and a half before sun up. After surgeries and some shots the wife said she could get the eggs for me to go. Got to admit the casting was not good the first 15 minutes or so that early. Really enjoyed fishing the topwater in the low light working and then the blow ups. I did hit a wall around 2:30 where my thought process sucked, but got back on track later. Stayed with it until dark. Just never know when it'll happen again. Think I was still pitching that jig in my dreams last night
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Cool deal....I was at the ramp 30 mins before daylight Saturday to go crappie fishin !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Good deal RB.. Had to be a great feeling especially with the cool air!
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

4. Banned
    Good Deal RB.

I also got to go to Norman yesterday (Sunday). First time I had been there since last Dec. I took my brother and we caught the fire out them. We were never really able to get on anything at daylight on topwater but after the sun came up we absolutely wore them out in brush in the 20 foot range. Best five would have been about 13 pounds but we caught 17 off of one spot in about 15 minutes and every brush pile we stopped on had a few fish. One of the better days I have had for numbers all year. They sure are biting down on Norman now.

Wood must have been the deal then. I ran super shallow stuff all day and all mine were on wood in less than 5 feet. All my topwater bites were on super shallow brush. Did you have any fish follow your baits up. Happened to me all afternoon. Fish are starting to get bellies on them
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

6. Banned
    Fished the shoals in the morning with topwater and only caught 2 fish and didn't see any sign of schooling on top where we were at on the lower end. We did have several fish follow the bait all the way back to the boat when we were reeling up to make another cast.
    We did have some bad luck. My brother was fishing with one of my Carrott Stix spinning rods and he caught a decent fish. When he unhooked the fish he laid the rod down and the bait went over the side while he was looking at the fish he had just caught and another fish grabbed the bait right beside the boat and he jumped down to keep the rod from going over the side and snapped it against the gunwhale on the boat and the floor. I really hated that he broke my rod but we were having a good day so we just laughed about it. No BS I bet we caught close to 80 fish.

Going to try and go again Thursday afternoon. Rain should help

8. Member
    Did you get to go today rb? Thinking of going tomorrow. Trying to decide between Norman and High Rock. Figure High Rocks gonna be muddy and trashy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Did you get to go today rb? Thinking of going tomorrow. Trying to decide between Norman and High Rock. Figure High Rocks gonna be muddy and trashy though.
    No I was going to try today but my wife has a Dr appointment today. Norman has come up about a foot or more. Seeing Boone got over 4 inches of rain the rock is probably getting nasty

10. Banned
    I would go to Norman myself. You will catch a lot more fish and I also think parts of HR will be muddy. The lower end of HR will still be good and fishable though.