Running transducer cable.

I have a 2012 Z518 and am trying to run transducer cable from the back to the console. I taped the new transducer to the old cable which I am attempting to pull out. I have never had so much trouble running a new cable. The thing is stuck on wiring or something in there now and will not go either way. Should I try taking the drivers seat out to get to it? Is there enough room to see what you are doing if you take the seat out? Do I just pull the center back out that is attached with Velcro and remove the bolts? Also, do you remove the screws on the front bottom of seat or do you push it out of those tabs that are there?

2. Member
    I just finished doing the very same thing, and yes pulling the driver seat makes a ton of difference.
    2015 Ranger Z118C w/150 Mercury 4s

After removal of the center back and removing the screws, do you push down on the bottom and slide it back out of those tabs at the front to get it out?

4. Member
    I've always ended up extremely frustrated trying to pull one wire with another. I bought an actual fish tape years ago and it has made life much easier.

You want one like this.
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...FcYTgQod5JkF0w

That' the 1/8" wide version. Mine is the 50ft 1/4" version.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk R View Post
    After removal of the center back and removing the screws, do you push down on the bottom and slide it back out of those tabs at the front to get it out?
    Yes. You won't have to put much downward pressure on it but it does need to slide forward toward the steering wheel a little bit to get off the tabs. Then once it is out you will have easy access to run your cable. I did this as well about a month ago.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Yamaha VMAX SHO 200

That was easy guys. I found what my cable was hanging on. There was a cable around the old transducer cable and a bunch of wires. Thanks for the help.

7. Member
    Wish there was a youtube video on a z520 or 521c boat on the full removal of both seats.