Cables from Ultrex head

I didn't install so can I disconnect the US2 cable if I'm using transducer mounted. I Also have another cable from head behind panel that's not connected? I thought the installer hooked up I link to Mega at console or is this what this cable is for? Thx

2. Member
    In answer to your first question Yes you can. If you order an I-Pilot Link then that is probably what it is for. Should have a cable connected to it that goes to your GPS unit. It has to be a Hummingbird to work. The serial number tag should say if it is.

3. Banned
    Make sure they left a loop at the top of the cable where it comes out of the head. My installer has seen two self-installs and one marina-install where the rotation of the head damaged the cable because of no loop.

If they didn't explain it all to you then maybe you need a new installer??

4. Member
    If you have the Mega at the console, and want the unit to communicate with the Ultrex, then the Ethernet cable will have to be connected to the Mega. If you have another Hummbird unit up front that is already connected to the Mega, then you will need the ethernet 5 port hub and connect all to the hub. You'll also need additional cables. Tell us what you have and I can tell you what you'll need.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]