Thread: kidney stone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Glad you're feeling better, Jerry!!!!! I'm afraid to ask my doc if women get kidney stones...but i think we get enough other problems that you guys don't....

2. Banned
    Women can get them, but they are less likely. I’ve had 1 and hope like hell it was the only 1 I ever experience! Cost was $10k for 1.5 hours in the hospital, ridiculous.

They suck. I feel for ya. Took myself to the ER a few weeks ago at 5:00am. I knew it was a kidney stone again. Turned out to be one in each kidney. The one from the left was moving. Got discharged at 7:25am and was on duty before 8:00am. Passed it the next evening after several cold drinks and an hour of mowing. Still waiting to pass the second one.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

4. Member
    i'm 67 had them since 22 had three lthotripsy shock wave surgeries and one full blown invasive surgery. Serious pain every time. My suggestion is to get a prescription for ketorolac if you feel the pain coming and you will know the pain I am referring to...eat a couple and haul ass to an emergency room

Quote Originally Posted by StratDude View Post
    They suck. I feel for ya. Took myself to the ER a few weeks ago at 5:00am. I knew it was a kidney stone again. Turned out to be one in each kidney. The one from the left was moving. Got discharged at 7:25am and was on duty before 8:00am. Passed it the next evening after several cold drinks and an hour of mowing. Still waiting to pass the second one.
    That one could stay in your kidney forever without ever causing any issues. Its when they break loose and get into the ureter that they are the debil

Christ last fall I passed one the size of a small pea, and I guarantee you I never want to go through that pain again!, it took 3 days to go through, was only able to sleep 2 hours at a time and could not pee regularly to save my life. Stank like heel to. Finally on day 3 I limped in to the bathroom for a dribble and I felt a sharp pain and heard a "tink" in the commode that was followed by Niagara Falls and instant relief from pain. No sir never again, modified my diet some and drinking lots of water with Lemon and Cranberry juice.

Spanky

7. Member
    Good luck. They stink. They make sure you wear your big boy pants. They went up this summer to remove a 1.7 cm stone in my right kidney. Make sure you have all your big boy pants cleaned and pressed.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

8. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Make sure that funnel has a filter on it so you know if you passed it or not.

oh he will feel it when it passes ..

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    I have had three ---each one 10 years apart---each time a little worse. the last one spent 3 days in hospital. worse pain ever in my life. I feel for you, hope it passes soon.
    Lucky SOB - i get one about every 12-16 months ... so far nothing bigger than 4.5mm have passed them within a few days... i mas tot he point i can usually self medicate and get thru it with out the huge medical bill

"Success is never owned, it is rented, and the rent is due every day."

10. Moderator
    They are terrible, bill was 7 grand. Worst pain I've endured.

11. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Worst pain I ever had by far, did not pass it. Ended up having a surgical procedure, kidney function was down 25%. Fortunately only had the one so far.

12. Member
    HAd them over 20 times 2 lithotripsys and 8 surgeries rest I passed on my on. They suck I passed one during a tournament one an the way to a Packer game. They Suck

I feel your pain i had one 3 yrs ago it was the size of a marble. It had to be lazered. I had to filter my pee. I had one that was the size of a rice crispy yrs that hurt bad.i took more pain pills than I was suppose to in one day. To get thru it.

I woke up one morning and thought I had appendices. My assistant called me wanting to know where I was because I'm never late for work. I described my pain and she told me that I had a kidney stone. She was right. They had to go in and get mine. I know your pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    Good luck pecker head!
    Clif your so insensetive...

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Clif your so insensetive...
    The dickhead will be fine...I was saying good luck on getting it over the side. He probably pissed all over his carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Clif Kincaid View Post
    The dickhead will be fine...I was saying good luck on getting it over the side. He probably pissed all over his carpet.
    Still so much hate .. over a game and your teams dumb coach lol

18. Member
    Been there, I don't even know how many times. 20? I lost track. Couple weeks ago, JFK hospital. Following Tuesday, I went to my urologist and he doubled my Urocit I've been trying. Week later, Tuesday last week, I peed gravel or sand all day. Never did that without lipoplasty or laser. Didn't miss that instant of pain when they shoot out, but it did feel like I had little grass burrs in my Johnson all day. Biggest bunch left an orange pile of sand about 1/2" by 1/4" on strainer. Weird. Never had one break up by itself before.

Water, cranberry juice, beer. Whichever order and however much you can handle.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.

20. Member
    I used to drink an extreme amount of tea, that made my stones "active". I passed one that was as long and half as wide as a tic tac and not nearly as smooth, on my own at home with no meds......without passing out.
    Question everything!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast