Capping 401k contributions to $2400.00

Well, this would be a good way to hammer the main vehicle of the middle class to save for retirement....Hopefully it stays as a "Proposal"..
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...&ICID=ref_fark

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I highly doubt it will happen, and there's a good possibility thats its not even on the table.

But if it did happen, there may be an adverse effect on the over all market. The constant inflows of money from retirement accounts into ETFs are surely helping this market
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I highly doubt it will happen, and there's a good possibility thats its not even on the table.

But if it did happen, there may be an adverse effect on the over all market. The constant inflows of money from retirement accounts into ETFs are surely helping this market
    I'll shut down my company plan on principle if that happens. There's 20 accounts with monthly contributions gone.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

4. Member
    I contribute to a ROTH 401k already, so it wouldn't have an effect on me.

What is going to piss me off is when they change the rules of that ROTH and tax my distributions anyways here in 20 years. All the sacrifices I have made in order to do that will be for nothing.

5. Member
    Looks to be more fake news.
    You Don't Know what you Don't Know until you Know.

1984 Champion 201/Yamaha 175
    1986 Ranger 390v/Yamaha 200
    2002 Viper Cobra Coosa 216/Mercury 225EFI
    2002 ProSports ProKat 2200/Twin Yamaha 150HPDIs

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Looks like it was a real idea floating around. I can't imagine why anybody would think that it was good idea, and now it sounds like a federal gas tax idea is in the works.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Looks like they want to increase 401k contributions but lower the amount of what isn't taxed.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Banned
    Since very few companies have defined pensions, the 401k and social security is all there is for retirement. The stock market has been good over the years for those putting in 10% to 14% and receiving a 5% employer match.

But so many people still only have $25k saved for retirement. They will have to work until they die.

To be financially independent thru retirement takes over $1 million in 401k/IRA Rollovers. There will be a voter revolt of the deal goes thru @ $2400 per year.

This plus the implosion of Social security = a lot of homeless, hungry retirees.

10. Member
    Have any of you thought about them decreasing the ceiling on a 401K and increasing the Roth contribution amount? Sort of like kicking the can down the road somewhat.