Thank god for fraud allert

Some asshat tried to by 2 cell phones and some what appears to be something from microsoft in Chicago by using my Card number. I live in northern Wisconsin, Now if they would track the SOB down and actually prosecute him I would be happy. But we all know that won't happen.

2. Member
    Some guy named Timothy from Houston ordered $77 worth of crap from Rock Auto on my Mastercard. Damn shame he won't get what he needed.

3. Banned
    I had someone try to buy plane tickets from mexico to the U.S. on my card a few years back. The card company called me and told me they would be issuing a new card and mine couldn't be used until the new one arrived. They said they declined the charge and cancelled my card. I asked them why they didn't just approve the transaction and arrest he people when they checked in at the apirport. Silence was all I heard, then the guy said " we don't have the resources".

4. Member
    Glad they caught it in time. I wish they would prosecute those creeps.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Glad they caught it in time. I wish they would prosecute those creeps.
    So many times this happens. It looks like attempted fraud doesn't cause a ripple in the cesspool of crime.
    Three times they have tried to steal money from my GF's bank, and just run away when confronted with the fact that they are frauds. They'll be back.

6. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    I have it setup that if any transfer over 100 or charges over 10 bucks is attempted I get an email, amazing how quick the emails come in. Most of the time I get the email before I walk out the door of the store. Will know immediately if someone tries anything.

7. Member
    I just had two separate incidents of someone buying appliance parts on my card. Admittedly small, but they knew who they were shipped to, names and addresses. Would do nothing to prosecute.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

8. Member
    Earlier in the summer mine got hit for 18k in Michigan at a couple of HD's. Stuff was delivered. They even called in to challenge why it didn't work the next day at another HD. Said they would advise us when they caught the perps. Haven't heard anything, nor do I really expect to. Discover took care of us and that probably will be the end of it.

9. Member
    The Credit Card Companies have zero incentive to prosecute in these instances. They simply pull the money from the vendor's account and move on about their day. The retailer is the one that eats the stolen goods. I wish I could just stop taking cards altogether.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

10. Member
    This is a pass the buck society...My wife had her identity stolen several years ago--We live in North Mississippi and all the charges were done in 2 days in St. Louis and North. It was thousands of dollars and no one seemed to want to help at all.In other words--We-she had to prove to the fraud division of all of these companies it was not her...Her is the kicker-----My wife is 5' 4" tall--gray hair and white............Oh by the way closer to 70 than 60--------The person they have on tape using the stolen social security number and the new found credit is 4' 11' tall and black----and OH BY THE WAY IN HER 20's. It took us almost a year and no telling how many hours on the phone to get everything straighten out but the person that did the crime--from last I heard this was her 5 or 6th run in with forgery and was still not in jail.