798ciSI won't turn on

My old 798ciSI just recently stopped working. It won't turn on at all. Is there an easy way to test it to fin out where my issue is?

Thanks

You need to make sure you have voltage getting to the unit. You can unplug the power cable and check voltage on the prongs. Hopefully it is just a bad connection somewhere and nothing internally. I have the same unit and please don't call it old. I'm trying to brainwash myself and not accept that my units are outdated.
    2011 Ranger Z518
    Yamaha VMAX SHO 200

If you are getting power at the cord plug, slightly adjust the two pins in any direction (VERY gently and VERY slightly, they still have to line up with the unit receptacle).
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodyZ518 View Post
    You need to make sure you have voltage getting to the unit. You can unplug the power cable and check voltage on the prongs. Hopefully it is just a bad connection somewhere and nothing internally. I have the same unit and please don't call it old. I'm trying to brainwash myself and not accept that my units are outdated.
    I have two of them, the brainwashing thing has just about stopped working for me.

The slight pin bending suggested by Wayne P. has worked for me on power and transducer loss.